Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My calls texts and 4g won’t work

TobyHarkin
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello Vodafone, 

I have recently been away to Mexico where it charged me £6 a day to use my phone which I accepted and carried on, as the bill got too high Vodafone then stopped my 4g texts and calls from working because my spend was higher than normal and it was only supposed to be temporary, as I am no longer in mexico I don’t need the suspension and it is really effecting me badly having no calls texts or 4g, please can you help me find a way to get them back as every time I try to make a call it tells me to contact this 

Thankyou very much

toby Harkin 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @TobyHarkin

The only way you are going to get the restriction removed will be calling customer services or using Live chat 

Vodafone place a credit limit on the account and are likely to ask for a payment to bring the account within the limit.  If you are going to be visiting a roam further destination on a regular basis it may be worth asking Vodafone to increase the limit to prevent this happening again.

I am not quite sure how to get onto live chat

hrym

@TobyHarkin wrote:

I am not quite sure how to get onto live chat

There seems to be an issue with Live Chat at the moment, so you'll need to try 191.  This has happened before and it's frankly a bit ridiculous.   It's reaonable to put a credit limit on to protect both parties (Vodafone from a potentially unpaid debt and the user from bill shock).   However, the bar seems, in some cases at least, to be set so low that accepting the daily charge while on holiday is enough to trigger it.  I believe it's resolvable reaonably easily, though.

BandOfBrothers

Hi Toby. 

Vodafone will stop outgoing services if relevant to help stop a person running up further billing. 

I'm sure once you've paid the bill then Vodafone will lift the outgoing bar. 

If you've paid the bill then it can take a short while to update and the bar lifted. Try rebooting the phone by turning it off and on to refresh the network connection.

If you need to then please do come back to the Vodafone Community Forum and I'm sure the Social Media Team here will be able to help you further with this situation.

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Mexico. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thankyou I loved it😁, I was thinking it would come back after the bill was payed but I’m going to a festival in a few days and I think I’ll need to use my services there if I get lost so I can meet back with my friends