Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My vodafone login requires authentication every time

kaz21again
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Every time I try to login to my vodafone account via laptop I have to authenticate my login via sms message. Is this usual. I thought this was a one time only security process. As I have no signal at home this is getting very laborious and irritating trying to find a signal to get the sms. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi. Yes this is the case at the present time, who knows if this will change but you need the security code each time.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

Other companies offering 2 factor authentication at least allow you to set your device as trusted minimising the inconvenience with a minimal impact on security. Can Vodafone please implement this system as the current SMS system drives me nuts?

use 2 factor authentication on all services where offered including Amazon which required googling how to enable it so I fully endorse the approach however the Vodafone implementation leaves a lot to be desired.

Nabs

Completely agree @sat505

I personally use Google Authenticator on every site that supports it and email/SMS for sites that doné.

I know it's been fed back to Vodafone before so hopefully they are working on improvements to the system 🙂

This is crazy, an SMS each time!

Please change this, it's not necessary. If the My Vodafone Android app would work, I wouldn't mind as much. But that damn thing breaks almost every update and they haven't been able to get it to work on Android 7 from the start.

So if i'm outside of Europe and want to check my usage, i'll be forced to pay for a received SMS. :manfrustrated:

dsyliou
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have been unable to login to my Vodafone form months due to the authentication, as I am working abroad and I dont switch on my UK mobile, it's very expensive.

Vodafone do provide a list of number to call but calling those number are extremely expensive !

Sending a code through mobile text is not a good practice. !

Hello @dsyliou

Our Live Chat can look into this further for you. 

Louise

Thank you Louise

I got the advice from LiveChat;

Incoming texts are totally free so I was able to switch on my UK number to get authentication code and login to my online account.

I  managed to get the code, as soon as I entered the code, it returned a java error message; java.lang.NullPointerException, see attached.

At first I thought that I had an issue with my PC, so I tried to login using my iPhone and iPhone, both recived the same error message. I don't have any issues loging to my other accounts; such a bank, utility bills and other applications.

This only happens with Vodafone UK login.

Regards

Dsyliou

Hello @dsyliou

This sounds very odd. I am going to send you a Private Message with further help.

Louise