Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My vodafone login requires authentication every time

kaz21again
3: Seeker

Every time I try to login to my vodafone account via laptop I have to authenticate my login via sms message. Is this usual. I thought this was a one time only security process. As I have no signal at home this is getting very laborious and irritating trying to find a signal to get the sms. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi. Yes this is the case at the present time, who knows if this will change but you need the security code each time.

View solution in original position

16 REPLIES 16

kaz21again

Every time I try to login to my vodafone account via laptop I have to authenticate my login via sms message. Is this usual. I thought this was a one time only security process. As I have no signal at home this is getting very laborious and irritating trying to find a signal to get the sms. 

63johnw

Hi. Yes this is the case at the present time, who knows if this will change but you need the security code each time.

Is this a permanent procedure ?

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You can view the Basic information but if you need to view details or make any changes then you have to use the 2LA.

hrym

A lot more functionality has been added to the My Vodafone app, which only requires a PIN.  You can view and download bills and adjust barring settings.   I use that exclusively now, and not the web interface.

If that is the case, why does it offer you the opportunity to "save your login details on this device for next time", to save having to get a code sent to your mobile each time? Waste of time!

hrym

If you're accessing the website through a browser, it'll be the browser that's offering to save the details, not Vodafone.  Most browsers do it and it can be quite convenient, though you need to consider security before deciding whether to allow it or not.

No, I know what you mean, but this isn't the browser in this case. This is a VF popup page that asks about saving details.

Nabs

@kaz21again You will get this every time you log into your account now. It's an added security feature that Vodafone have enabled on all accounts to protect from potential intrusions. 

I've got a Sure Signal at home so i'm thankfully able to receive SMS messages however without that i'd be int he same boat as you. 

If you have a landline you can add that as an alternative number on your account which the text can be sent to, this may help? You can add it once logged in, or customer services would be able to add it for you.

N