Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code

Marronj
1: Seeker
I am being sent around in circles by Vodaphone. Tried online support, telephone call and visited shop twice today. I'm NO FURTHER FORWARD!!! My pay monthly contract ended in December, spent an hour on live chat to confirm we wanted to end contract and have that confirmed in writing. Applied online for NUC code and received response 10 days later to say "sorry you're leaving. To apply for NUC code..." Phoned for help, was told I needed to take proof of my purchase into store (bought through Carphone Warehouse. Visited store with proof of purchase- they sent me to Carphone Warehouse who said only network can unlock. Went back to Vodaphone store who told me they can't help and I must apply online. back to where I started!!! I own this phone. I need the code. I have proof of purchase. I have applied AGAIN online but am convinced I will wait another 10 days then receive same message. Please please can someone help???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

You're Welcome. :Smiling:

Unfortunatley that's the model that locks out to the first sim inserted as I touched upon :Sad_face:

The fraud information is standard if Vodafone believes too many unlock requests have been made for a particular imei of one phone. 

Customer Service can fill out the forms for you or provide you with the unlocking department email.

Now please be aware even people who have sent off their phones details via the Nuc Resolutions email address haven't all been successful in having their phone unlocked. 

You may need to keep persevering with this to Customer Services. 

Apple themselves would not engage with you in relation to a Network locked iPhone either. They would see it's a locked device on their database and would only listen to Vodafone's request. 

If needed use the information in this link > Vodafone code-of-practice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

BandOfBrothers

Hi,

I'm sorry to read you've been dealt with this way. 

Usually phones supplied by Cpw are already supplied fully unlocked out of the box.

The iPhone being the exception as this locks out to the first SIM card inserted. 

Which phone model do you own ?

If it's not an iPhone have you tried an active non Vodafone SIM card in it ?

It's true carphone Warehouse cannot unlock phones. 

If this was my situation if your most recent Nuc request fails then speak with Vodafone Customer service on 191 or Live Chat and ask for the specific email address for Vodafone Nuc Resolutions so you can email them directly. 

Current Phone  >

hy...I havea problem unlocking my galaxy s8..I am entering te code provided but it's still asking me for a network puk...cheers

If it is genuinely asking for a PUK and not a NUC, that's something different.  A PUK is required when you forget or mis-enter your SIM passcode - which means you must have SIM locking enabled on that SIM in the first place.  A NUC unlocks the phone from Vodafone's network so that you can insert and use another network's SIM.   They are two different things.

I'm not entirely sure what a "Network PUK" is supposed to be - that sounds like an oxymoron, although maybe that's just my misinterpretation. Is that really what it said ?

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@mariantrandafir I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your S8 unlocked. Is this the process you followed to unlock the phone?

1. Turn off the phone
  2. Insert a non-Vodafone SIM
  3. Turn on the phone. You'll see a prompt to enter the SIM network unlocking code
  4. Enter your NUC

We'll be happy to forward this to our NUC team for further investigation. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can escalate your query.

Marronj
1: Seeker
Thanks. It is an iPhone. I've tried another online nuc code application as advised in the Vodaphone store and have received a response - they are treating this a fraud as I've already applied against the IMEI code!! I will try calling customer services again tomorrow. Thanks

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. :Smiling:

Unfortunatley that's the model that locks out to the first sim inserted as I touched upon :Sad_face:

The fraud information is standard if Vodafone believes too many unlock requests have been made for a particular imei of one phone. 

Customer Service can fill out the forms for you or provide you with the unlocking department email.

Now please be aware even people who have sent off their phones details via the Nuc Resolutions email address haven't all been successful in having their phone unlocked. 

You may need to keep persevering with this to Customer Services. 

Apple themselves would not engage with you in relation to a Network locked iPhone either. They would see it's a locked device on their database and would only listen to Vodafone's request. 

If needed use the information in this link > Vodafone code-of-practice.

Current Phone  >

I requested an nuc code for my old Samsung s 6 and have received the email but after following instructions to turn handset on and off it has not prompted me to enter any unlock code. I have factory reset the handset and am confused as to whether the handset should automatically alert me to enter the code or whether I need to enter it somewhere specifically in the settings. I need this handet to be unlocked for a Xmas gift. Please advise me what I can do. Thanks 

@Charlie_maud wrote:

I requested an nuc code for my old Samsung s 6 and have received the email but after following instructions to turn handset on and off it has not prompted me to enter any unlock code. I have factory reset the handset and am confused as to whether the handset should automatically alert me to enter the code or whether I need to enter it somewhere specifically in the settings. I need this handet to be unlocked for a Xmas gift. Please advise me what I can do. Thanks 

This is probably a bit simplistic, but did you have your new (non-Vodafone) SIM in the phone when doing this ?  You won't be asked for a NUC unless the phone notices that a "foreign" sim has been inserted, if I remember correctly.  There's also a (slim) chance that the phone is not actually locked in the first place - if it starts up normally with a non-Vodafone SIM inserted and shows a signal, try making a call and see what happens. This has happened to me in the past.

If you've already tried all this, my apologies !

AnnS

Hi @Marronj

I doubt that being unable to provide an unlock for an iphone after two applications to prevent fraud would be considered a valid complaint.

However, it may be worth synchronising to itunes to check if the unlock request has been approved.

If you are still having issues, it may be worth completing the form as PAYG.  This will mean using the phone with a PAYG SIM for 30 days after which time you will be able to apply for the unlock.  Please remember there is no unlock code for an iphone, the phone is unlocked by synchronising to itunes.

Please see the additional information below.

Why am I having problems getting an unlock code?