Ask

Solution

NUC code

EsmeKay
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I received my NUC code today for a Motorola motog3 

Followed the instructions just to get the message "network unlock unsuccessful"

Bit annoyed as the phone was purchased by me and not provided by the network so locking it to one seems rather off.

Suggestions to resolve please?

14 REPLIES 14

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@EsmeKay wrote:

Oh crickey. Bought from a Currys type outlet as far as I can recall.

The guy in the VF shop said it was normal for phones to lock to the first network to which they were connected...guess that's not entirely accurate then :Smiling:

I'll call 191 again. Its a smudge frustrating since I was in the bloomin VF shop yesterday.  Would have been nice to sort in one go.

Hi again @EsmeKay

The Vodafone employee isnt correct in my opinion. 

As I stated earlier the Networks do not lock out phone's they have not supplied.

The shop you bought it from hasnt most probably supplied an unlocked phone. Check in the small print on the description of the phones details etc and if necessary approach them for support too. 

Please let us know how you get On. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To add do please consider using checkmend. 

If all else fails a highstreet store who advertises they unlock might be an avenue to use. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@EsmeKay I'm sorry to hear that you're having this trouble with your device.

I've seen this before where third party's in the past have locked phones to our network.

You can find further help by clicking the hyperlink on how to unlock a phone supplied by a third party

Please let us know how you get on :Smiling:

Thanks for the suggestion, But I don't have the luxury of 30 days to wait to get my number back up and running. I will simply have to buy a new handset which wasn't part of my plan. Have to say I'm more than a little disappointed with VFs response - or lack thereof. 

JohnJ
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@EsmeKay So we can take a closer look into what is happening, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch to discuss your options :Thumbs_Up: