Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NUC code

Marronj
1: Seeker
I am being sent around in circles by Vodaphone. Tried online support, telephone call and visited shop twice today. I'm NO FURTHER FORWARD!!! My pay monthly contract ended in December, spent an hour on live chat to confirm we wanted to end contract and have that confirmed in writing. Applied online for NUC code and received response 10 days later to say "sorry you're leaving. To apply for NUC code..." Phoned for help, was told I needed to take proof of my purchase into store (bought through Carphone Warehouse. Visited store with proof of purchase- they sent me to Carphone Warehouse who said only network can unlock. Went back to Vodaphone store who told me they can't help and I must apply online. back to where I started!!! I own this phone. I need the code. I have proof of purchase. I have applied AGAIN online but am convinced I will wait another 10 days then receive same message. Please please can someone help???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

You're Welcome. :Smiling:

Unfortunatley that's the model that locks out to the first sim inserted as I touched upon :Sad_face:

The fraud information is standard if Vodafone believes too many unlock requests have been made for a particular imei of one phone. 

Customer Service can fill out the forms for you or provide you with the unlocking department email.

Now please be aware even people who have sent off their phones details via the Nuc Resolutions email address haven't all been successful in having their phone unlocked. 

You may need to keep persevering with this to Customer Services. 

Apple themselves would not engage with you in relation to a Network locked iPhone either. They would see it's a locked device on their database and would only listen to Vodafone's request. 

If needed use the information in this link > Vodafone code-of-practice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

Mickbun
2: Seeker

Vodaphone are doing exactly the same to me. They simply don't want to give out NUC codes. It's lie after lie from their representatives, I've been going round in circles for 3 weeks now, I will never sign up to Vodafone again. Very poor customer service.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm disappointed to hear you've been going round in circles @Mickbun.

Have you filled out our Network Unlock Code form?

You can find plenty of information on our NUC FAQs page.

So far I've filled out four of those forms. I've had many excuses for instance the phone was purchased from Carphone warehouse so they have to unlock (absolute rubbish).

The phone was replaced by my insurance company because of a broken screen so you need to apply with the original imei. ( again incorrect but both imei' were displayed on the NUC form stating which was original.

I have supplied receipt from insurance on 2 occasions.

The excuses from Vodafone go on and on, mostly different guidance that contradicts the previous. You have to assume the staff do not know their policies themselves or they make it up as they go along. I have saved 3 different transcripts from Vodafone online chats that are humerus and far from correct.

They are all very polite, we'll mannered, but don't have a clue of the facts.

phone still unlocked but been told to resend a NUC form after 31st Feb, but not expecting success as we all know that date don't exist... Lol

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

That's not good to hear @Mickbun.

So we can escalate this for you please follow the instructions i've sent to you via private message.

from moderator/collaborator more like - here's his example of another useless platitude "have you filled out the NUC form...?" - well of course he bloody has, how else did he get a code?? You know why they don't work, because they are not meant to

madmanonabike

Totally sympathise - the chat line is a complete waste of time, just a load of platitudes and how are you today's ?? They are all incapable of helping with anything more complex than where is my local vodafone store, so don't expect any help there.

This forum is also met with vodafone police trying to stop (you) posting anything untoward, and what they won't admit is the existence of a strategy to stop you leaving vodafone - good luck, I'm going to take them to the small claims court as I'm losing money, being self employed, on a daily basis.

Faithmcdonnell

I am in the same situation my  contract ended in March I decided to leave Vodafone because of the ridiculous unexplained changes I was receiving each month. I have no been waiting 5 weeks for an nuc code everyone you speak to in the call centres tells you anything to get you off the phone full of false promises have roughly called 30times with this complaint. The email they give reply’s with an automated email and nobody actually gets back to you. Visited the store 5 times not and they are completely useless. I would avoid Vodafone at all costs and I will be seeks advice from the ombudsman as I’m getting no where with Vodafone. I own the phone I have paid for it and they think by making things awkward you will stay with them that’s the thanks you get for giving them money for 6 years!! 

I'm sorry there's been a delay in supplying your NUC @Faithmcdonnell. So I can help with this, please confirm if you've completed our NUC request form, when you submitted this and the make and model of the phone you're trying to unlock. 

Yes I’ve completed two and the advisors have also filled an additional one in and I’m still no further on as of yet 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to see that's the case @Faithmcdonnell . So I can help with getting your phone unlocked, please follow the details that I've sent to you via private message.