Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Need to view bills and data usage

soultrax
3: Seeker
Does Vodafone make a charge for making a request to view bills and usage? Within a couple of hours of taking out a roll on 30 day 4G six, it was in the post back to Vodafone with a completed cancellation form. I was only receiving 3G in a strong 4G area. I used about 15MB of data whilst it was in the mobile broadband device. Immediately upon sim activation a bill came Into my account for £15 saying when it had to be paid. I received a letter from Vodafone a few days later confirming cancellation. The next day I tried to log into my account to view the bill and data usage. However the screen told me this account had been cancelled. So no bills or data usage could be viewed. I have recently received a letter requesting that I owe Vodafone £15 in missed payment. As I cancelled within the 30 day period and only used around 15MB of usage, I am concerned why I am getting a bill for the full 15GB allowance. If I knew this prior to cancelling, I would have used up the full 15GB allowance before cancelling. As I cannot view any bills or data usage in my account because it says my account has been cancelled, would Vodafone make a charge if I made a request to have access to the information in my account? I would like to know just why I am being sent letters, emails and texts saying I owe money.
5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @soultrax

The first bill is sent within the first week of joining and you will be charged pro rata for the data used. When an account is cancelled, this will also mean you will have no further access to online billing.

Providing the direct debit is still in place and not cancelled, any overpayment will be paid direct into the account.  For this reason, you need to keep the direct debit until you have received the final bill with a zero balance.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

I think the best option to get this sorted would be to use Live Chat or ring 191 from a phone with a working Vodafone sum in or ring them from the landline number. Just ignore the prompts to key in your mobile number and after the 4th prompt asking you to it should change to say press 2 for contract customers. 

Landline Tel :03333040191 

I would be surprised if any charge would be levied as Vodafone would need to support why they are charging the fee. 

If you have received communication on a missed payment I would also suggest checking your Credit file to see if anything has been reported on it. Experian offer various options to get a copy. 

Help links. 

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/network/network-satisfaction-guarantee/ holds info and faqs. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

soultrax
Thanks. I cancelled the direct debit after finding confirmation when logging into my account that it had been cancelled. Therefore no bills or data usage were showing so I assumed payments had been cancelled. I can understand being billed £15 if I used up the full 15GB allowance but I decided after just using 15MB of receiving a 3G service when I had signed up for 4G that I didn't want it.

BandOfBrothers

It's generic advice given on the forum not to cancel the DD until the £0 bill and Sorry Your leaving letter has been received. 

Also until any Credits or Debits have been sorted. It usually takes Vodafone 2-4 weeks to send a final bill by post. 

Im sure Customer Services will be able to help you with clearing this up. 

Signal strength i.e. 2G, 3G or 4G is depdndant on location. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @soultrax

If you cancelled the direct debit, you will have left Vodafone without an account to repay any credit.

Having mentioned that, if you use live chat, they will be in a position to confirm the final amount owing and make arrangements to repay any amount owing back to you.

It is still important to make sure you are sent the final bill with a zero balance.  This is your confirmation that the account is closed.