Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlock Code

ratbag999
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Sony Aqua m4

I've been given a pac code to allow me to end my contract when it's used.   At the same time I asked for a NUC code to enable me to switch and use the pac code.   The problem is the NUC didn't work and your technical guys then said it was the wrong code and gave me a new one.   The second number also didn't work and suspect that the number of attempts has been exceeded.   One of the last emails to your technical team resulted in them asking me to pop into one of the shops.   I did this on Saturday and then inputted both NUC codes and neither worked.   They have emailed the NUC team but I haven't heard any more.   I can't use my PAc code because the NUC you have given me is wrong and, as my contract is up, I'm being charged double (because my 2 year contract at 50% discount has ended)   It seems a convenient that that nuc coesn't work....therefore I cant use the pac code....so I can't leave andf get charged double for the pleasure!   Assistance would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'd like to help get this resolved for you @ratbag999.

So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team. 

We'll then be in touch to help as soon as possible.

Thanks.   Tried several times to deal with the unlock code issue.

I had to buy another phone in order to use the PAC Code - which then enabled me to end my contract with Vodaphone.  (Seems the contract will continue if the PAC Code is unused - not providing a NUC means the phone remains locked and, surprise, means you cannot remove the Vodaphone nextwork to enable the PAC code to be used.

I must say Vodaphone have not been helpful at all and I now have a locked phone which I cannot use.

Will not be coming anywhere near Vodaphone in the future.

Tsathoggua
14: Advanced member
14: Advanced member

Sadly this sort of nonsense seems to be becoming more common once again, whereas a few years back both networks and phone providers seemed to have started to accept that the phone is YOUR property once the contract is finished.  But then if you go back further, even Vodafone were selling phones which were never locked in the first place. Go figure, as the Yanks say.

If (like me) you have an iPhone it gets even more convoluted, and consequently now that my current contract has run its course I'll probably be selling it back to Tesco rather than trying to pass it on in the family.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ratbag999 - I’m sorry to hear this is still ongoing.

We want to help. If you’ve contacted us via the private message @Tash sent to you, please let us know the reference number from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

If you haven’t sent us your details, then I’ve sent you another private message with how to get in touch with us.