Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Unlocking Code (NUC)

Stevehoward700
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My son has given me his old iphone. He is still on a Vodafone contract but now has a new iphone. He transfered his SIM to his new phone and retained his number.  I have reset his old phone back to original factory settings and wish to use it on another network. I know I need a NUC but can my son still request one for me even though he is now using his new phone and I have reset his old one?

8 REPLIES 8

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey Steve,

You'll have no problems getting a NUC for the phone. Tell your son to click on the link below and enter all his details as well as the IMEI number for his old phone (now your phone) and Vodafone will do the rest.

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Just to follow on from @donnyguy advice @Stevehoward700

The iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlock code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too) The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage. 

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks donnyguy and band of brothers, I will try getting my son to fill in the form and see how we get on.

One more question. My son cannot enter his phone number in the appropriate box because the leading zero keeps deleting itself and then the form will not recognise the number as a legitimate number. Is there something we are doing wrong?

It should accept the Vodafone Mobile Number. 

Try clearing cache and data or another browser. 

As a last resort customer services on 191 or Live Chat can fill out the form for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks Bandof brothers as you might see from my previous post the problem was with Firefox, it all worked fine in Explorer. My son got an email today to say the reset was done and to insert a new SIM. I have just done that and set the phone up as a new phone. Everything worked great and I am very happy with my new phone. Thanks to all for your help.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Stevehoward700 Thanks for the update :Smiling:

Should you need anything else in the future, please don't hesitate to let us know!

Ok Re: my last post concerning the phone number leading zero deleting itself on the NUC request form. It turns out that it is a glitch caused by using Firefox browser. I tried filling the form in using internet explorer and found it worked perfectly ok. This may be of use to some else having the same problem. It may be due to the way Firefox handles scripts but as it worked in Explorer I can't be bothered to look any deeper.