Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network locked to vodafone

GrainneMcBride
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have had a NUC which appears to have been successful.  The phone is now asking for a SIM network unlock PIN.   My new provider says this is not from them and as the sim works on another phone this clearly means the actual SIM is not locked, therefore it must be a code from yourselves.  I have been to the Vodafone store who claim they cant help.  Spoke to the customer care who keep repeating the same NUC code and procedure. So at the moment I have got a phone which only works with a Vodafone SIM and a SIM which works on other phones except the one I want it for.  Feel totally frustrated. Any advice would be greatly received. Why cant vodafone give me a master code or the correct code? I bought this Samsung S6 3 years ago from voadfone. 

4 REPLIES 4

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

SIM Network Unlock is same thing as NUC.

You put other Network's SIM card in your phone. It will ask you for SIM Unlock Code. Put you NUC givein to you. And that should unlock the phone. If you hace SIM Pin then it will aks you for that otherwise will connect to the Other Network.

We are going around in circles here. Spoke to Vodafone, spoke to Tesco both deny responsibilty. The exact error is "SIM NETWORK PIN BLOCKED. ENTER SIM NETWORK PUK". I've seen other thread where a MATSER code is the solution. What is the master code for my Samsung S6 or who will give me this - VODAFONE customer services do not listen to what i need. They continue to isse the NUC code. I need a MASTER code.

If asking for PUK code, then that needs to be provided by the Network that owns the SIM Card.

PUK code is to unlock the SIM

Yes this is my issue with vodafone customer service. I've already tried all codes provided and all say "Unusccessful", yet when i call their customer service they continue to give me the same code that doesn't work. They don't listen when i tell them i need a MASTER code.

The solution is as follows (Listen up vodafone customer advisors): 

For some phones the PUK code provided does not work (why is this vodafone?) and Vodafone need to go back to the phone manufacturer (eg. Samsung) to request a MASTER code. This is the only code that can unlock the message "SIM Network pin blocked. Enter SIM netowrk PUK". 

Terrible, slow, service from vodafone. I will never move back to vodafone - never.