Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Contract

CallumL13
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

As I am only 17, would I be able to get a contract in my parent's name but have the direct debit taken out of my debit? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @CallumL13

You need to be 18 to take out a contract. There is also the credit check criteria to meet.

However, when you turn 18, the contract can be split with you paying the bill, this is very useful when there may be problems passing the credit check.  The problem you are going to have now is being unable to pay by direct debit until you are 18, the only thing you would be able to do would be to make arrangements with your parents for the bill payment.  When you turn 18 and have built up a good credit score there will be nothing stopping you from taking out a contract.

Until you turn 18 it may be better to keep to PAYG, this puts you in control of your spend and gives you privacy to call and text your friends. 

Big Value Bundles are very good value.  Take a look at the BVB's here:  Vodafone Big Value Bundles

Also take a look at Voxi still Vodafone with endless social data: Voxi

BandOfBrothers

@CallumL13 wrote:

As I am only 17, would I be able to get a contract in my parent's name but have the direct debit taken out of my debit? Thanks

Yes your parents take out the contract and they are responsible for the Bill's ultimately but the bank details can be yours.

When your 18 years old and can pass a Credit Check then the contract can be transferred to your name. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.