Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Sim Only Customer - Contract Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

So I signed up to the 16GB Red Deal at £19/month, 12month contract. I notice on my billing it says £32 with a £13 promotional discount applied making it £19. Does that mean after the 12 months the price will revert back to £32 or will it stay at £19 until I change myself after the 12 months?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had a similar surprise when I signed up for my sim only contract. I signed up in Feb 2016  for 12 months at £20 a month for 20gb and Spotify, when I got the deal it said it was a £40 contract with 50% off.

If it’s any consolation when my contract finished in February they extended the deal. They sent me a text just as my contract ended saying “Great news! We’re extending your 50% SIM only discount - meaning you’ll continue to enjoy the same great bundle for half the normal monthly cost. Don’t forget you can manage your account and view your bills at any time..(etc)”. They did increase the price in April to £22.50, but overall still a good deal and they didn’t just whack the cost up at 12 months, I didn’t have to speak to anyone or threaten to leave etc.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

This is a 12 months promotional tariff. 

When the contract has run it's 12 month course, it will revert to a month by month rollover contract at the full price of the contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh I see, this was not mentioned anywhere during sign up! better exercise my right to cancel me thinks. Better off staying where I am..........

AnnS

Hi @Anonymous

The agreement is for 12 months at the price offered.  At the end of 12 months, there will be new tariffs and promotions to change to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks for the replies but as I said that is not clearly stated in the offer or order process, nowhere did it mention the price will revert to the full price after 12 months. I think that is quite mis-leading to a customer. So far my experience in 2 days has been quite poor with Vodafone anyway and this I found out today is just the final straw, I don't like companies that do business this way. Fair open and transparent is what I am after and Vodafone is no that. So I will call to cancel the contract.

I had a similar surprise when I signed up for my sim only contract. I signed up in Feb 2016  for 12 months at £20 a month for 20gb and Spotify, when I got the deal it said it was a £40 contract with 50% off.

If it’s any consolation when my contract finished in February they extended the deal. They sent me a text just as my contract ended saying “Great news! We’re extending your 50% SIM only discount - meaning you’ll continue to enjoy the same great bundle for half the normal monthly cost. Don’t forget you can manage your account and view your bills at any time..(etc)”. They did increase the price in April to £22.50, but overall still a good deal and they didn’t just whack the cost up at 12 months, I didn’t have to speak to anyone or threaten to leave etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, this is very helpful to know. I am considerng just going with it and decide in 12months as I fear more chaos will be created by VF by initiating a cancel request. I have the unfortunate task of working with other departments of VF in my daily job being in communications myself and I have to say they are one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with, in general. Kind of seems barmy I even considered signing up but something got the better of me, I do like the colour red........... oh dear.

Even £32 or for yours £40 is way too expensive for what it is considering the offerings from Three, O2 and EE which all have 20GB or more for £20 without any fancy deals like 50% off so I think this is a naughty marketing ploy of VF they do it this way.

Anyhoo thanks for your response it was useful.

It's not always a surprise at the end of the 12 months - mine went up by £6 after 3 months! Spent a long time sorting this out and eventually got credit (~£70) added to my account as they can't change the monthly bill amount.

I also had my 50% discounted "extended" when I re-upped to a new plan.   I thought it was a mistake!  My current bill states that the 50% is valid until may 2019.  I am now looking to move onto one of the new plans that have Global Roaming PLUS - but I've been told by the folks in store and also customer service that I would loose that discount.

Anyone have experience with keeping this - as it states until 2019, and I have already re-upped once, without losing it?

Thanks!