Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Sim

BethRHalliday99
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

On Tuesday, my step-grandad gave me my upgrade (phone and new sim w/ same number but different deal), and I turned the new phone on with new sim inserted, but it has not yet activated and it has now been 3 days. 

At first I thought it was because I needed to travel a bit for it to better find signal in which to connect to the network - nope.

I now have a theory that it could activate when the old sim, which I also have active with me just in case, finishes this month of it's deal - who knows.

Is there anyone who can help me out and give advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @BethRHalliday99

If the old SIM still fits, you may be able to use the same SIM.  However, when upgrading sometimes a SIM will work perfectly in an old phone but start to do strange things in a new phone and you may need to do a SIM swap.

The SIM sent to you will probably be blank without an added number and this means your number will need to be put onto the new SIM.  This can be done online by following the link here:  SIM swap and activation

If there are any problems, if the contract is in your step dad's name, he will need to contact Vodafone and pass data protection.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @BethRHalliday99

If the old SIM still fits, you may be able to use the same SIM.  However, when upgrading sometimes a SIM will work perfectly in an old phone but start to do strange things in a new phone and you may need to do a SIM swap.

The SIM sent to you will probably be blank without an added number and this means your number will need to be put onto the new SIM.  This can be done online by following the link here:  SIM swap and activation

If there are any problems, if the contract is in your step dad's name, he will need to contact Vodafone and pass data protection.

Thank you, I was not told anything about this - thank you. I feel a bit of a fool hehe, but I had never done this before. Many thanks.

Am waiting for the email to say it has swapped - hopefully this will be the last of it.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@BethRHalliday99 Do let us know if you need any further help with getting up and running on our network 🙂 

Fingers crossed you're all up and running now 🤞