Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New sim card not active after 48 hours

jonw52
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I needed a nano sim card for a new phone, as the old phone has a micro sim card. The card was activated in store and I received an email to say the activation was complete. 48 hours later, the old phone/sim card is still working and the new sim card is still not recognised. I had a live chat after 12  hours and they said they had activated the sim card again but that didn't help and the live chat was 36 hours ago. They said they have sent a new sim card in the post. Should I forget the first new sim card and try to active the second one, when it arrives in the post (hopefully tomorrow)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The new sim card arrived yesterday and was activated within 5 minutes. The matter is now resolved, so my wife can enjoy using her new phone.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm wondering if the blank sim card is faulty ?

Or the network is extremely busy and so the sim swap hasn't fully completed on the networks systems yet. Usually turning the phone off and on helps.

Perhaps have a word with customer service on 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries for  them to take another look.

A long shot but some sim cards a multi sim versions where the nano size pushes out of the micro sim as it's been pre cut. This might be the case with your original sim and if so you can just keep using the original sim card.

Worth a quick look @jonw52 

There are also cutters available and some Highstreet Stores  / Market Stalls cut them and there are YouTube tutorials on how to get a micro sim cut into a nano sized sim but beware jf its cut wrong this could render the sim unusable.

Again just a thought.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for all your suggestions. The old micro sim is about 4 years old and is not a push-out type.

I have tried turning both the old and new phones on and off several times. I think you are probably correct that the sim is faulty. The live chat person on Saturday has sent another sim which should arrive today, so I think I will giive up on the "Saturday sim" and try to activate the new one when it arrives.

hrym

There was a issue a few years ago with SIM activations not completing properly.   The frontline customer service people will routinely retry it, but that doesn't work because because the previous process is blocking the system.   The issue has to be referred up to technical support, who will clear the blockage and then it'll be fine.   If your new SIM won't activate either, speak to the Social Media team via Facebook or Twitter and ask if this is what's causing the problem.

Thank you, I will do that. The new sim card didn't arriver today, so I will have to try it tomorrow.

The new sim card arrived yesterday and was activated within 5 minutes. The matter is now resolved, so my wife can enjoy using her new phone.