Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New to Vodaphone, worked fine for 30 days, now no calls, text, or data

DaveCole
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Help, New to Vodaphone, transfered number from Virgin. All worked fine for 30 days. Day 31 - no calls, text or data!!! Can make calls via wifi calling. Sim has been changed and made no differance, Tried sim in another phone - won't work in this phone - spent 6 hours in total on the phone to Vodaphone - still not working. This has been like this for some 6 days.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @DaveCole 

That's not good.

Have Vodafone customer services advised you as to what they think the issue might be ?

Due to your own troubleshooting tips this sounds like an account issue.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries might be able to help you further.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi,

Thanks for replying, Vodaphone have no idea, they say everything apperas to be working their end. Yesterday they removed my number/account from their system and then put it back on. It did work then for a couple of hours (proves the phone/sim are OK), but now back to SQ one. 

They say they will escalte the issue but this will take several days. This phone/my number is a life line for my disabled daughter.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @DaveCole 

I'm left wondering if this has anything to do with the port in from your previous network !

i.e somehow the files have been disrupted causing a split port.

When Vodafone are looking at the issue I would hope they'd be considering that too and ask their dedicated Porting_in Teams to look at that side of your account.

Totally appreciate your frustrated and need the number due to your personal circumstances @DaveCole 

Are you not able to receive calls and texts at all either ?

If this is affecting your outgoing calls and texts then in the interim it maybe an idea to pick up a Vodafone Payg Sim Card to use.

Not the best solution I submit but at least you can return a call or text.

I've known for Vodafone Customer services to load up the sim with a Big Value Bundle  / Credit free of charge while they sort out the contract.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.