Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New upgrade

mancman
4: Newbie

Hi a friend of mine has just recently upgraded her phone she used to have an iPhone now she's got the edge 7 which she doesn't like. She has gone back to car phone warehouse where she got it from to change back to iPhone but they won't let her. I thought you where allowed a cooling off period just in case you don't like the phone you get is this true if so how can she get back to iPhone

12 REPLIES 12

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

It through Vodafone direct yes. 

Through cpw no I'm afraid

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c%7B11a18a50-bcb7-11de-e56d-0000000...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @mancman

Your friend is a Carphone Warehouse customer, part of the Dixons group of companies.

Not sure of Carphone's returns policy, hopefully Carphone will be able to give further advise.

As far as I'm aware she's gone back to change it for an iPhone and they have told her she can't

BandOfBrothers

@mancman wrote:

As far as I'm aware she's gone back to change it for an iPhone and they have told her she can't

If you click on my link it'll open to Carfone warehouses terms on handset exchanges. 

With Vodafone it's a No. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

In that same Link, it says Exchange of Handset for Upgrade on Vodafone 14 days.

So not sure why you say. :smileysurprised:

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

With Vodafone it's a No. 

Band of brothers what's the link and will I be able to forward it on 

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@mancman If your friends is on a rolling 30 day contract no swap is permitted.

If in a monthly contract then exchange is permitted withinn 14 days.

The link is

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c%7B11a18a50-bcb7-11de-e56d-0000000...

I've just been speaking to her and she had n iPhone 6 with 10gig of internet,unlimited calls and texts for £53 month she now has a Samsung edge 7 with 12gig of internet, unlimited calls and texts for £47 month. Is this classed as a new contract or upgrade both are on Vodafone

kids

We have heard many horror stories about CPW so the only way to be 100% certain what she has been sold is for her to talk to CPW.