Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4G on My Account

flashforward
4: Newbie

Hi. I hope someone can help.

A few weeks ago I took out a contract with Vodafone. I had 4G coverage everywhere at home and all the way to work in Cardiff. I didn't keep the contract but mentioning this to show I had stable 4G.

I now have a new contract with Vodafone - 4G tariff etc. I cannot get 4G. Phone set up OK but no matter where I go, I only get 3G. Tech Support were really helpful today but can't resolve the issue, so hoping someone out there knows how I can fix this.

- Tech Support got me to manually select another network, switch back to Vodafone and toggle between 3G/4G with no fix.

- They then disconnected my number from the network and tried from scratch - no effect.

Really hope someone has experienced this and can help - thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion

Did they check the locations you're visiting for faults? You can enter the post codes on the Vodafone site checker here.

Also, have you tried the SIM in another phone? This would let you narrow down if it's a fault with the SIM / your account, or if it's your device that has developed a fault.

If it's still not working after the above I'd consider visiting a Vodafone store and asking them for a SIM swap to see if this helps (you keep the same number but they attach it to a new card) 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

redpages

Did they check the locations you're visiting for faults? You can enter the post codes on the Vodafone site checker here.

Also, have you tried the SIM in another phone? This would let you narrow down if it's a fault with the SIM / your account, or if it's your device that has developed a fault.

If it's still not working after the above I'd consider visiting a Vodafone store and asking them for a SIM swap to see if this helps (you keep the same number but they attach it to a new card) 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

Thanks for the reply. 

There are no network issues and I simply can't get 4G anywhere I did before.  I am not in a position to try the SIM in another phone so will pop to store tomorrow and see if a SIM swap works. 

Thanks again. 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@flashforward If you're still having issues after visiting a store, please try the steps in our Network Troubleshooting thread. 

Post the template with your answers here and I'll have a member of the team get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Alex - thanks for picking this up for me!

1) Does the issue happen in just one location? If so, how far do you have to travel to regain service?

I permanently have 3G. I don't get 4G anywhere within 22 miles. I also switch sometimes to GPRS and E.

2) What is the full postcode (e.g. ST1 1AA) of where the issue occurs? If you don't want this showing on the Community, add it to your profile here.

CF42 6DE

3) Does the issue occur if you try your SIM card in a different phone?

Same issue on any handset.

4) What errors are seen or heard when the issue occurs?

No errors, just cannot pick up 4G.

5) Does this happen on 2G, 3G, 4G or all?

N/A

6) When did you first notice this issue?

Since SIM was activated two weeks ago.

7) Is the issue permanent or intermittent? If intermittent, are there certain times of the day when it occurs?

Permanent.

More info:

Had a Vodafone SIMO contract about a month ago but cancelled ported back to Sky Mobile wirthin 14 day cooling off period. I had constant 4G from home (CF42) to work in Cardiff (CF10) using the same handset I am using now. Started this SIMO contract about two weeks ago - no 4G since SIM activated.

I have had my number diconnected from the network and re-connected as well as an hour manually switiching between network etc.

I was told last night no bars on my account etc. Did SIM swap in Cardiff store today - still no 4G. The advisor laid my phone next to hers - both iPhone 7 on Vodafone - she had full 4G and I had 3G. She also told me there was a data bar on my account, which she removed. She could not understand how I was using 3G with an active data bar.

Please help :Smiling:

I spoke to the Tech team again tonight and they've escalated the issue. 

Pretty disgusted with the tech team. 

I'm a nice guy. Told today to reset my network settings for the 10th time and told if that doesn't work there's nothing else that can be done. 

I still have no 4G and no one cares!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@flashforward I'm sorry to hear that this is still ongoing. 

Have you ever had 4G on the device that you're using? 

If you haven't already, please respond to our latest email so we can continue to look into this. 

Glad to say after 3 weeks, issue was fixed. My number was disconnected from the network and reconnected. That was the fix.

The first time I was told the above had been done was in fact untrue.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@flashforward Thanks for updating us, I'm glad to hear everything is back up and running for you :smileyhappy:

Please let us know if there's anything we can help with in the future.