Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4G on My Account

flashforward
4: Newbie

Hi. I hope someone can help.

A few weeks ago I took out a contract with Vodafone. I had 4G coverage everywhere at home and all the way to work in Cardiff. I didn't keep the contract but mentioning this to show I had stable 4G.

I now have a new contract with Vodafone - 4G tariff etc. I cannot get 4G. Phone set up OK but no matter where I go, I only get 3G. Tech Support were really helpful today but can't resolve the issue, so hoping someone out there knows how I can fix this.

- Tech Support got me to manually select another network, switch back to Vodafone and toggle between 3G/4G with no fix.

- They then disconnected my number from the network and tried from scratch - no effect.

Really hope someone has experienced this and can help - thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

redpages
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Did they check the locations you're visiting for faults? You can enter the post codes on the Vodafone site checker here.

Also, have you tried the SIM in another phone? This would let you narrow down if it's a fault with the SIM / your account, or if it's your device that has developed a fault.

If it's still not working after the above I'd consider visiting a Vodafone store and asking them for a SIM swap to see if this helps (you keep the same number but they attach it to a new card) 

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

View solution in original position

23 REPLIES 23

I believe I’m having the same issue, how did you disconnect and reconnect your number?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AlphaKrono - If you’re facing issues connecting to 4G everywhere you go and it’s available in the areas you visit, then we’ll need to check your account.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message. 

Hi there, can someone check my account too please?  For some reason I cannot get 4G connectivity anymore - I tried the sim card in another phone and still only get up to H+ data connections.  It was all working fine a couple of weeks ago.

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

So we can take a look into your connectivity issues @PAYGuser, please contact us by following the instructions in this private message and we'll be in touch.

same issue , raised a complaint with thier team , its been 4 weeks now , vodafone is rubbish

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear this @dgonsalves, have you had any update on this at all? 

nothing Adam

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dgonsalves I appreciate this isn't ideal for you at all. We'd love to chase this up for you. Please send us your details via the private message I've sent you.

Dont know what to make of this , sent you a private msg to get this automated response

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@dgonsalves Have you received a case/email reference number within your automated response? If so, please provide us with this and we'll confirm we've received your details.