Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Data After Porting Number

OliverIneson
1: Seeker

Hi,

I recently switched to Vodafone from O2 and ported over my old number to my new SIM. I requested for this to happen around 3pm on Friday (16/10) and it completed on Tuesday (20/10) but now I don't have any data.

Will this come back on its own or is it a technical issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @OliverIneson 

The first thing to do is to make sure you have the correct APN settings on the phone by texting WEB to 40127. Also try doing a manual roam from your connection settings onto an alternative network, wait for it to reject the request and back onto Vodafone, this will update your SIM on the network.  Further information from Device Guides on this link: Device Guides 

I you still have issues it may be the data part of your account needs to be provisioned.  You can try live chat or follow this link for direct help from the Social Team.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

Hi @OliverIneson 

The first thing to do is to make sure you have the correct APN settings on the phone by texting WEB to 40127. Also try doing a manual roam from your connection settings onto an alternative network, wait for it to reject the request and back onto Vodafone, this will update your SIM on the network.  Further information from Device Guides on this link: Device Guides 

I you still have issues it may be the data part of your account needs to be provisioned.  You can try live chat or follow this link for direct help from the Social Team.

hrym

It's also possibvle that this is a split port.   If some of the files needed didn't come over from your original provider, they'll need to be re-sent.   There's a team that deals with this and Customer Services or Social Media can escalate the matter to them for you.

Thanks, manually switching network, switching back to Vodafone and then restarting my phone seems to have fixed the issue.