Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Data Allowance April 2019

MDavies
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

Run into an issue where my data allowance (4GB/month) refreshed on 29 March 2019 for April but I never actually received any data for the new month. The My Vodafone app states that I have used all 4GBs of data, however on the usage breakdown it says that I haven't even touched data for this month.

A related but separate issue, to try and handle the lack of data in the immediate short term I bought 1GB worth which comes up on My Vodafone app (1.0GB/5.0GB available) but despite being connected to 4G, I cannot connect to the internet. I have received several solutions from technicians, e.g. resetting network settings, however none of these have worked and I have just wasted money buying 1GB of unusable data when my contractual data never come through!

Getting through to support has been like pulling teeth and I'm honestly at my wit's end - does anyone have any recommendations of what steps to take 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Just to help troubleshoot can you as a process of elimination put your sim card in another phone and then see if data works.

Your phone may have an inbuilt data monitor that can help to show how much data has been used and what it's been used on.

Is the issue happening everywhere you go ?

What troubleshooting have you tried ?

There are things to try such as checking your Apn settings.

And ensure Mobile Data is turned to On in the phone and that no data bars are turned On in your myvodafone.

Also some phones have internal settings in regards to data usage.

Rarely it's the actual sim card that's faltering and if so any Vodafone Highstreet Store can replace it via a sim swap.  Take some photo ID.

Vodafone-apn-settings

What-should-I-do-if-I-have-little-to-no-data-connection.

If you still can’t get a data connection, check that your Access Point (APN) settings are correct – text WEB to 40127 free from your Vodafone mobile and save settings. If you need help, see our APN device guide or our FAQ. "

Finally if your still stuck a local Vodafone Highstreet Store should be able to help and guide you and kr the Vodafone Social Media Teams here can too as soon as they've caught up with your thread.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your response. The issue does happen everywhere I go, it has happened ever since my new data allowance for the month was supposed to come in. I have reset my APN settings, I have had technicians refresh my network status on their end, putting the SIM into different phones repeats the issue. Mobile data is turned on, no data bars is also turned on.

BandOfBrothers

@MDavies wrote:
Thank you for your response. The issue does happen everywhere I go, it has happened ever since my new data allowance for the month was supposed to come in. I have reset my APN settings, I have had technicians refresh my network status on their end, putting the SIM into different phones repeats the issue. Mobile data is turned on, no data bars is also turned on.

This then sounds very much like an account specific issue from the troubleshooting you've carried out thus far.

Please let the Vodafone Social Media Team catch up with your thread @MDavies 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

To continue on from @BandOfBrothers excellent advice, whenever I have issues with accessing the internet even when I know I have available data, I manually turn off mobile data, turn on airplane mode for 30 seconds, take it off and activate mobile data again. This can help at times as your phone will be actively seeking out a mobile signal to connect.

A good test I sometimes make when I need to know if I have got mobile data available is going on the My Vodafone app and requesting a Live Chat. If you get to the screen where you have to put in your name, mobile number and enquiry, you have data available to use!

Most of the Vodafone website is available to browse even if you have no data but Live Chat is different, you NEED an active connection for that.

I too wish you luck.