Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No Internet Data

mssmile248
1: Seeker

Hello all,

So I have been trying to connect to the internet without WIFI for about 2 weeks. Everything is fine, all the settings are on and all the bills are payed.

I still cannot connect to the app, as it tells me i need data connection to access it. 

Losing my mind!

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @mssmile248

This will be the phone settings. try this link to have the correct settings sent to your phone : How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS)? As you are pay monthly, you also need to make sure the correct APN is selected on your phone, this can be done by settings, more, mobile network, access point name, and selecting contract WAP. 

It might also be worth checking the network in the area from the coverage checker at the top of the page.

Hopefully, this will sort it out for you but if you continue to have issues, please come back to the forum.

edited ater reply from @mssmile248 for update

Texting WEB to 40127 should work and send the correct settings to your phone.  When you have the correct settings, you need to make sure contract is selected for the APN.

If you do not receive the text back, you can enter the settings manually, by following the device guides, you will see how this can be done from the link. Alternatively, a quick call to Customer Services or using live chat for an advisor to text the settings to you. 

Removing and reinsterting the SIM card will also send a message to the phone with the settings. 

Hello, thanks for this

However, neither have worked. There is no WAP available and Ive texted the WEB but had no response

Sarah

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies for our delay in replying @mssmile248. As we'll need access to your account to help restore your data connection, Please get in touch by following the instructions in my private message and we'll be in touch 😊