Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No cellular data after swapping sim card

TammyDearing
1: Seeker

I got a new SIM card. When I put it in my phone the Tech activated it. But I have no Cellular data. I have added my phone number to my iPhone. But I still get a notification saying it can’t connect to cellular data. I have no idea why. 

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to call and text ?

It might be worth checking that you have no data bars activated in your myvodafone and that Mobile Data is turned On in the phones settings. 

Can you turn the phone Off and remove the SIM card , wipe the contacts and re insert and turn it back On. 

It can sometimes take 24 hours for a sim swap to fully settle. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @TammyDearing

You must be using an unlocked phone and need the correct data settings for the Vodafone network.

If this is a new SIM actived by Customer Services and not a SIM swap to a replacement SIM card usually done direct through a Vodafone Store, this will more than likely be your data settings.  If you refer to the link below, this will help get the correct settings for the Vodafone network onto your phone.

How do I set up my phone for internet access and picture messaging (MMS)? 

As you are using an iphone, you can also synchronise to your itunes account, this will download the correct carrier settings to the phone and get your service fully active on the network.