Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Hi jimmymolloy, 

So my team can look into this, get in touch with us here

Thanks, 

Laura 

Hi, I'm having the same issue. My number transferred over today and i can make calls but cant receive them and texts are not working. Help please, thanks

mwaqaskundi

Hi

i have the same issue,

My contract Expired with Vodafone on 29/07/14, Got transfered to Pay as You Go even though i made it clear i will be switching network,

Got pack Code on 30/07/14,

Gave to EE on 1/08/14, Number got ported on 5/08/14 about 4:pm,

but only been able to make calls, cannot send recieve text message, can only recieve calls from callers using vodafone network,

anyone tries to call me they get This message "The number is incorrect",

Now after reading whole lot of information, i have found not able to recieve calls is due to my old provider, that is VODAFONE and after reading this forum, iam not the only one,

Can anyone help me please?

my Number [removed for security]

i cannot login to main Vodafone website, account has been terminated,

Please help me, why i have to still suffer after my contract has expired, and i have paid everything

Hi mwaqaskundi.

Welcome to the eForum. 

Please let my team look into this for you by getting in touch with us here.

Thanks,

Sarah 

Hi

it has been resolved

relieved

took 4 days to complete the process

thnx anyways

Hi mwaqaskundi,

Thanks for letting us know it's all sorted.

Hi dawntate77,

So that we can look into this further, take a look here for how to get in touch.

We aim to reply to emails within 48 hours. If you need a quicker response, please visit our Contact Us page.

Thanks,

Ian

Jwilson84
Im having the same issue after porting my number over 6 days ago!! How hard is it to actually talk to someone who knows what they are doing

From experience I would make sure you get a full health check of your account. I've gone from not being able to receive texts, then finding out voicemail didn't work and then not being able to top up freedom freebies online or via phone (still an outstanding issue, waiting for someone to look at a fault that was raised via chat the other day.. I won't count on it).

Check everything works before letting them close the ticket & good luck!

Hi Jwilson84 and jimmymolloy,

So we can look into this, get in touch with us here.

Cheers,

Laura

Qprian
Just reading through here & all the problems you have had porting to vodafone. I ported my number from O2 on May 12 I have been waiting patiently for the tech team to complete the port, yes you did read it right 17 weeks I have waited and it's still not completed, I have been told today it should be up and running correctly but no it's still the same.