Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Hi Sarah,

Thanks a lot for your quick feedback. I finally went to the shop where I bought my phone and  my salesperson called the portable team himself after that, by the end of the day, I started to receive phone calls and able to send/receive text messages.

Kind Regards

Lea

markymanc
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
Same issue with me. Contacted endless number of people now. Nothing has been done and I am still without data for getting on for a week after porting

katherinecatkin

Hi there,

I am also having similar problems. I can text and call some people after my number porting earlier today, but am not able to send texts to quite a few people - it just won't send them! (iphone 5s user)

Hope to hear from you soon as this is quite a pain for me!

Thanks, Katherine

Hi there

It sounds like you potentially have a split port. What you'll need to do is contact customer service on 191 or use LiveChat - they will need to look into this for you.

I'm afraid that this is a customer to customer support forum with no access to your account.

PWIAC

ChloeC93
I've ported my number and can't receive calls but yet I can make them? I also can't send or receive texts and need this issue resolved as fast as possibles instead of waiting endlessly on hold at customer services

I am having the same problem with iphone 5c, ive been on live chat twice and im getting nowhere. i can make calls but i cant recieve them, or recieve and send texts! getting really frustrated as need this number for work purposes!

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

It sounds like you have something called a split port which is where part of the functionality doesn't transfer across and remains on the original network. Do be aware that porting takes place in stages and can take up to 24 hours to complete. 

If it has been more than 24 hours since the number porting began, you will need to continue to liaise with customer service on 191 or Live Chat.  They have the account access needed to be able to solve you issue.

As you are on an iPhone it may also be an idea to go into the settings and reset the network settings. 

PWIAC

Heyzx
Hi there,

Having the same problem as these customers. Have moved over to Vodafone and have so far not been able to receive or make any calls or texts.

Please help.

Hazel

As0102
1: Seeker
So I've just been informed that I have a split port which still isn't fixed. I begrudge paying for a service when I'm not getting any service. Vodafone have been running long enough to know how things work why can't they complete the simplest of tasks without all this messing around. I'm seriously regretting moving to them now and all I can say is I hope this isn't a sign of how the next two years are going to be
1 very unhappy customer

drey_p

Hi there

In order to follow up on your issue, please continue to liaise with customer services on 191 or use LiveChat.  This is now a customer to customer support forum which means that we can't deal with account specific queries such as yours.

PWIAC