Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No incoming calls or texts after porting number

meril881
2: Seeker
Hi,
It has been 1 week since I ported my number to Vodafone. However, I have been told it has not been ported fully as a result of a split port. I cannot receive calls and cannot send or receive texts. I've called Vodafone customer services endlessly over the past week and spoken to the porting team as well who have told me nothing but lies. They said they have sorted it out on 3 separate occasions and told me to wait 24 hours, yet it is still the same.

On my last call I was told they have escalated my query and have asked my previous network to send over the remaining files that were supposed to come along with the porting process. However, I have spoken to 3 and they say they have nothing else to send.

It is unbelievable that in my first week of contract with Vodafone I am unable to use the service because I cannot receive calls or texts. No one is offering solutions and I now keep getting fobbed off when I call Vodafone customer service. 1 week of no service is terrible. Please someone help!
435 REPLIES 435

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Maliuk Please contact us through the details that I've provided through the private message I've sent to you. We'll then be able to help.

sarahjaneclark
I am having the same problem, transferred from EE using a PAC code and cannot receive texts or calls after a week and speaking to multiple people from EE who can't see any problem? It's causing me huge problems please help

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sarahjaneclark Can you let us know what device you're using? :smileyhappy:

iphone 7, been on the phone to several people from vodafone who said it appears that the portal was fine. I've reset my network settings, and restarted/rebooted the phone several times with no luck yet 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sarahjaneclark Give the following steps a try, let us know how you get on. :smileyhappy:

- Go to Settings

- Scroll down to, then tap Phone

- Click on My Number

This should be the number you've ported, however it may be the temporary number you've been given.

If this is the case, type in the number you've ported and click 'Save'.

If you've changed the number, allow a few minutes for the change to take place, then get someone to call your number to test. 

I've already tried this and no luck unfortuneately 

@sarahjaneclark

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

For anyone else with the same issue, try the steps listed here and if you’re still affected, contact customer service.

mdenver

I ported over from EE at the beginning of February and I still can't receive calls or texts depsite speaking to around 10 advisors, all of whom promising to fix it. I hope you can help with the issue as if not I'll be cancelling my contract; it has already caused an undue amount of hassle/problems.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mdenver

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Once received, we'll be happy to look into these issues for you.

mohini2006
1: Seeker

Same problem, exact same problem, 3 weeks without incoming call, no idea what to do