Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No mobile data after 2gb used when I have 6gb on account

Donnat
4: Newbie

I had a text that I have run out of data after 2gb but on my account I have 6gb if shared data which has 4.3gb left please advise

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The fastest way to check if your my Vodafone is showing data available is to call 191 or use Live Chat and they can access your account and help you further with this situation.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Donnat

You mention shared data, if this is correct the sharer plans were discontinued towards the end of last year.  If you are on one of the older sharer plans, when your agreement came to an end, you would have automatically been put onto one of the newer tariffs without the shared data.  Vodafone should have sent you a text message explaining the end of the sharer tariffs. You may well find the data allowance for this month after the change is pro ratered up to your billing data.

However, if this is incorrect and you are on a standard tariff, your online account and phone application may well provide the answer.   

We can't see your account, for account access you will need to call Vodafone or use live chat, they will be able to confirm your data allowance.

I did a live chat. I wasn’t told I was no longer on shared data. Which I find is a shocking service not to be told. I suppose I’m now paying for data on my other phone that I do not actually need. 😒

AnnS

Hi @Donnat

When you mentioned shared data I thought that may be the case. 

Vodafone should have sent you a text message or some communication explaining what would happen when your sharer tariff agreement contract came to an end. However, with text message being automated, it is never to be relied upon. 

If you log onto your online account or access the application, this should let you know the tariffs you are now on for both lines.  If the sharer contract has come to an end, you will probably be on equivalent priced 30 day roll over contracts with less data.

If you are using the application, you can always manage your data through my account controls, you will then be able to see exactly how much data is being used on your lines.

I hope all works out OK for you, the sharer plans were very popular with families, it's a shame they were discontinued.

BandOfBrothers

@Donnat wrote:

I did a live chat. I wasn’t told I was no longer on shared data. Which I find is a shocking service not to be told. I suppose I’m now paying for data on my other phone that I do not actually need. 😒

As fellow customers we have no access to your accou t and can only guesstimate as to what may have occurred. 

I'd suggest to ring Customer services on 191 who have the required direct access to your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.