cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No mobile data working, just says 3g. voda say its carphone ware house vis versa! HELP

adamd123
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have purchased a new contract with vodafone through carphone warehouse. all set up ( so i thought ) but no mobile data is working, says 3g but no internet connection. called 191 they say i need to speak to carphone warehouse, called them, they said i need to ring vodafone. so im going round in circles! 

191  says there is not data plan or cant see my data on your system? 

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @adamd123 

It may be a silly question but presumably you have mobile data turned on.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was your data settings, try texting WEB to 40127, this will configure your internet connection and download the APN data settings. Also make sure contract is selected in your phone data APN settings,

If this requires account access follow this link: Contact Us 

Hello! i do have it on, only says 3g but no internet connection! the APN is all okay, its on WAP ect. 

i have texted WEB to that number, but had no reply!  

its so annoying! had nothing but trouble with this phone and customer service! 

AnnS

Hi @adamd123 

This sounds like an account issue where the data part of the contract taken out with Carphone has not been added to your account. If you use Facebook or Twitter follow the Contact the Team for Account Specific Enquiries .

By coming to the forum you will have found the best place to get your data connection working.

Having just had a further thought, it would also be worth checking the data application on your phone if it is set too low this will prevent any further access to your data allowance.

BandOfBrothers

There can be a little bit of confusion when a contract is taken out via a 3rd party @adamd123 

Your essentially CPW's Customer with Vodafone collecting payment and supplying the connection.

It's however a good idea that both parties are involved helping you.

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone ?

If it's the sim card then Vodafone Highstreet Store can supply another in house via a sim swap. Take ID.

Go to the Carphone Warehouse Store and they also maybe able to help if you haven't got a back up phone to try.

Or if it's your account then usually this sorts itself out in a short period of time and sometimes a soft reboot by turning the phone off and on helps along with choosing another network in the phones settings and then re choose Vodafone.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Just to add.

You can check and if necessary input your Apn settings via 》 carphonewarehouse.com/how-to-manually-enter-vodafone-apn-settings. 

Might be worth quickly checking your postcode area via https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.