Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No service in Portugal......again !

MFC52
4: Newbie

I was in Portugal in November ‘17 and had no service........same thing again in April ‘18.

i tried everything: on & off, network reset, sim in & out, checked for blocks with Vodafone....everything.

Vodafone said they will check........it could take 10 days  !! Not good enough.

please community, does anyone else have this issue on an iPhone 6S in Portugal and more importantly any solutions. Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @MFC52

This is going to need account access to resolve. 

When you are roaming on Vodafone Portugal as far as signal is concerned there won't be any issues.  The most likely issue is an account restriction bar against your account and this will need to be removed by Customer Services.

The forum Team will pick this up but the quickest way to get this solved is by using live chat or calling they will access your account and check for any account bar.

Thanks for reply.

i have contacted Vodafone and there are no restrictions and I have paid my bills.

they advised they will look into it and reply in 10 days.

thats really no good to me

but they agreed a refund

BandOfBrothers

We're other people also on Vodafone UK able to roam whilst in Portugal ?

Whilst Vodafone UK can check your account etc they cannot check a foreign network and as such cannot guarantee connection. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

No other people in my group of 20 were subscribed to Vodafone UK.

I entered Spain on a yacht and I have signal.

it is always Portugal I never receive reception.

i posted here about the issue to determine in part, exactly what queyou pose.

Does anyone else on Vodafone UK have the same problem.

Like the last time, nobody has commented.

thanks for your concern 

AnnS

Hi @MFC52

This is best left for the forum Team to pick up and find the reason for your Portugal issue.

I suspect the reason for the problems will be account related and may be due to the Global Roaming Terms and Conditions.

Give the Team time to get to the thread, they will be able to look at your account and see how long you have been away from the UK using roam free.

Thanks but I will be leaving Vodafone as this issue was reported to them before months ago and they never fixed it.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

It's a bit like trying to fix an obscure and very intermittent electrical fault - sometimes it's so obscure that no-one ever finds it.

I'd guess that the database of UK numbers used by the Portuguese networks has got some errors - perhaps just one error! - resulting in your number being rejected as invalid. 

Aaahhhh.......never thought of that.

Vodafone called yesterday but I was busy......maybe they have some news of a fix. 

Vodafone didn’t do anything last time so I don’t think they will have done anything this time.

but Thankyou 

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@MFC52 I’m sorry to hear you’ve been experiencing issues when roaming in Portugal. We’re unable to guarantee full service when you’re connecting to the local network in other countries.

As you’ve advised you received signal in Spain, it’s unlikely there are any roaming bars on your account – as this would affect you when in other countries, (although we can't confirm this without looking at your account).

However, I can see you’ve mentioned you were contacted by someone who may have been able to look into your account. Have you managed to speak with them now and if so, what did they advise?