Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No way to contact the company outside of the UK

User0702
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have left the UK and need to close my account. I can't access most of the services to get in touch with vodafone because I no longer have the SIM/number I had with them. 

I have spent hours on the chat trying to talk to someone, my current count is over 20 times in the last week - each time to be "thanked for my patience" while waiting for a transfer to the "right department" and then having the chat closed by them. 

So - in desperation, I am coming here. 

Dear Vodafone, 

Please take this as notice of closing my account. There are no outstanding costs, that was the only info I have managed to get from your hopeless chat service. I have blocked the direct debits with my bank, so don't try to take any more of my money. 

Thank you. 

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @User0702

I do appreciate the frustration you having with closing your account and this is one of the reasons I'd always advise to do this before leaving the UK if a person can.

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here are not really in place to close contracts.

They wont be able to accept your request via your post.

Security checks have to take place to ensure the account holder is requesting this and to advise of any fee's etc.

What-happens-when-I-leavr and How-do-I-cancel-my-Pay-monthly-contract.

A person can ring them via the landline number in the following link.

Vodafone contact-us.

If your old Vodafone mobile number isn't recognised when inputting it when using the landline number then then ignore the prompts to key it in when asked and after the 4th prompt it will change to say press 1 for payg and press 2 for contracts which will get you through to a Vodafone UK agent.

Live Chat as far as I'm aware are unable to close accounts which is why they needed to transfer you through to the relevant Department.

I see you've stopped your Direct Debit which will mean Vodafone won't be able to collect any final payments as the final bill takes around 2-4 weeks to produce- I appreciate you think all is paid up - and they won't be able to apply any refunds.

They'll then send a Sorry your leaving letter and £0 bill which needs to be retained as proof as account closure to the last known address they had for you. 

If Vodafone can't collect payments this could impact on your Credit File for 6 years if you ever return to the UK @User0702 via a default.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.