Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Non Delivery of Item

Rsjoxford56
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Been waiting now since June 23rd for my non like for like exchange item. Appreciate difficulties in respect of covid19. However online chats with Support staff always ended up with delivery promise dates that were never adhered to. Escalated via CEO email address but just asking for a daily update and ETA. Tried to cancel the whole contract but they couldn't do that until.id received the exchange unit which they can't supply to date. Awful expectation management...I'm not holding my breath. Strangely enough when I got my original.upgrade phone it arrived within 24 hrs....I'm.now on 16 days elapsed...

😡

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Rsjoxford56 

I can appreciate your frustrated with this situation with the phone that's being exchanged is out of stock.

Just to be nosy which phone model is it ?

If you go onto the Vodafone Online Shop and go through the initial phone choices does the phone show as 1-2 weeks delivery or sooner ?

As you have escalated this to Customer Relations this is entirely in their hands to bring to a resolution with the Vodafone Social Media Teams and front line customer services not being able to intervene.

If the phone is out of stock I'm at a loss as to why Vodafone cannot cancel the open order !

You'd think they'd want to stop a phone being despatched and being charged by the courier to send it only to be given it back by you.

Maybe once you have the phone Vodafone may hope you decide to stay with the contract.

It would be a different scenario if the phone was In-Stock and in a despatched status as they would have to follow through with delivery and then cancel when the account holder refuses delivery or takes the phone back to a Vodafone Highstreet Store.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi...thank you. I requested an.wcvhange Fri change an iPhone 11 pro max 256gb green to a iPhone 11 pro 256gb silver...original Max was way to heavy and big for me😀. I have checked and the item is in stock. Nobody from CEO complaints department can tell me what the problem.is. They say they have taken the rare step of escalating it to a senior manager. I am very tempted to just return the original item and just cancel my direct debit after my next payment

Thank you for your concern and stay safe and well.

@Rsjoxford56 

Sounds like you caught up in the red tape that is Vodafone systems sometimes.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well in 1969 technology got us to the moon and back safely. 

In 2020 Vodafone IT and processes are stopping me still getting my exchange phone...so 18 working days and 27 elapsed days. Amazing, but am now requesting cancellation of my contract and am told I have overrun my 14 days, so senior manager to decide if I will have to pay a fee or not even though the overrun due to Vodafone. Nice people and all that but terrible expectation management and customer service. Let's hope EE prove to be a better option!!

AnnS

Hi @Rsjoxford56 

When you take out a new agreement or upgrade and change your mind for the choice of phone you have 14 days to make a return, the contract would then be cancelled leaving you free to take out a contract with your choice of phone.  From what you have written, you have not returned the device within the first 14 days and are out of the return period.

Although you have emailed the CEO, this is going to need account access, follow this link and speak directly to the Social Media Team, they will help where they can.

Hi thank you. I had original upgrade phone for 6 days and requested an exchange on day 7. Vodafone advised that I did not need to return original phone myself as courier would collect when delivering my exchange phone. I am still within my 14 days according to Vodafone as it is their delay that is causing issues. Thank you.