Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not getting full data allowance

jcsmith93vo
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I have an account with 4 lines sharing 22.0GB of data through a Red Sharer plan. I’ve had this plan (with 20+GB of data) in place for at least 2 years. But the app and website say I am only entitled to 3GB, and the Vodafone app, website and texts say that I have already used the entire allowance, even though our monthly renewal was less than a week ago. I called customer service resolve the problem. The rep said he would “reset the data allowance”, and that it would reset to 22GB within 24 hours. That was more than 48 hours ago, and still no fix. I asked the rep to give me 1GB free to cover the 24 hours. The Vodafone system says I used the entire 1GB in less than a day, and that I will be charged for it anyway. I am extremely frustrated. Over and over again in my time with Vodafone, Vodafone reps say they will fix a problem, but it almost never gets fixed. And I pay a fortune for this account. Please help. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm not surprised your unimpressed at this situation especially as it looks like a charge may be levied @jcsmith93vo

This is going to be one for the official Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts to look into this for you as they have account access. 

Please hang in there while they catch up with your post. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

It's possible that My Vodafone is simply misreporting and that you do in fact have your full allowance.  Are you able to continue using data even though you've apparently used your full allowance?   If you are, are there any charges showing for use over 3gb?

When you speak to the forum team, also ask them to look at how the 1gb was added.   It sounds as though it was done as a chargeable extra and it's possible that it was put on as a recurring item.  I may be (hope I am) wrong, but it would be as well to sort this out now.

Thanks for your reply.  The Vodafone webpage describing my “Bundle Details” for the main line on the account says I have 20GB plus 1GB extra monthly plus 2GB extra monthly, for a total of 23GB. It also says that that line is the “Red Leader”. (See bottom of this message.)

However, the webpage describing “Bundle Usage” says there are only 3GB of shared data allowance, and that all of that data has already been used up. No mention is made of the other 20GB.

This is especially frustrating, because I pay a fortune so we will have all the data we need. And my kids needs the data for school, including class activities going on right now. But then this kind of thing happens, and I have to spend literally hours to get Vodafone to fix it, rather than do my job. The Social Media team has always been much better than the regular customer service team, so I hope they resolve the issue ASAP.

Red Value Plan comes with unlimited mins, unlimited texts and 20GB of data
Includes Line rental - £38.18
Unlimited UK minutes
Unlimited texts
20GB data
4GB inclusive roaming data
Inclusive roaming calls texts and picture messages
Global Roaming
500MB Wi-fi

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@jcsmith93vo I'm sorry to hear about what's happened.

We'll need to access your account to be able to look into this. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.