Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not receiving texts from friends with EE

ejamieson
2: Seeker

I moved to Vodafone last month and can't receive texts from friends with EE. I spoke to customer services yesterday who told me I had 'bugs' on my account that they were removing and to restart my phone. I've done this but still no good - the number of friends complaining to me is mounting, and while I know I can use WhatsApp, I would just like to get my texts.!

9 REPLIES 9

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I assume you ported your number to Vodafone @ejamieson ?

I've seen past posts where issues like this have happened due to the porting in files not fully settled. 

Vodafone porting in teams maybe able to help. 

That and Vodafone agents should be able to flush your account.  

Perhaps give it 24 hours and then soft reboot by turning it off and on. 

If not then these issues normally self resolve but if not then do keep on at customer service. 

We have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts so if it continues then do please post back and I'm.sure they'll try to help you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you - I'll try that.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Oh no, that does sound very frustrating @ejamieson and I apologise for any inconvenience that's been caused.

It sounds like something called a split port, which as @BandOfBrothers advised is where some files are not correctly transferred over when you ported in to Vodafone.

So we can escalate this to our Porting team for further investigation, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thank you. I'll take a look.

Mazloum

Hi, unfortunately I have the same problem. Vodafone have never been able to fix it. I spent a whole year being passed from one department to another, so you think you are getting it sorted out. Finally ended up with the super users, who did nothing. I have given up now and just bide my time waiting to find a better network provider.

That's what I'm worried about! I've already had to compromise on not having my online banking app anymore as the  Vodafone tech team were unable to resolve the activation code text not coming through to me. If there's also an ongoing issue with normal texts then I'm really going to wish I hadn't switched to Vodafone.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Mazloum It's disappointing to hear you're also experiencing problems with this. As @TJ advised in her earlier post, it's certainly something we can take a look at, so I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us 😊

@ejamieson I understand your concerns - were you able to get in touch with us using the private message TJ sent you? If so, we'll be in touch with you as soon as possible. 

Hi .@Colleen. Yes, I did get in touch with them on Friday, but haven't heard anything yet.

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@ejamieson Thanks for letting us know, I can see we've been chatting via email 😊

I'm not sure which phone you're using, but if it's an iPhone then you may also want to check your device settings:

1) Go to Settings.

2) Scroll down to Phone and click into it.

3) Check the number that appears at the top of the screen is your correct number. If not, press the number and enter the number it should be. 

If you haven't got an iPhone or the above doesn't apply/resolve the issue, please reply to our latest email when you get chance 🙂