Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nuisance caller

greenleaf2
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello - I need urgent help with a nuisance caller.

I have blocked his number on my iphone, so I no longer get his calls. I do though still get voicemail messages from him - many of them.

Blocking his number was easy, but I don't see anyway of stopping him from leaving voicemail messages for me.

Is there even a way to get voicemail messages from this number sent to a spam folder or something? I'm at my wits end.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @greenleaf2 

There was a thread a couple of days ago asking the same question https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/How-do-I-stop-voicemails-being-left-by-blocked-numbers-using...

Thanks for this. I'll take a look.

There's advice in the above link on reporting nuisance calls, which is helpful, but what I just want to know is how to stop a blocked number leaving messages on my voicemail.

Can anyone help with that please?

AnnS

Hi @greenleaf2 

I don't think it's possible, blocking the number works on the handset but it's not at network level and just sends the call to voicemail.

Vodafone could certainly do with a junk voicemail box for unwanted blocked callers.  I know when I block a nuisance caller on my landline, any further calls go straight to junk.

edited:  @greenleaf2   Understand just how worrying this is for you.  Just wish there was something more positive.

OK. Thanks for that Ann.