Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number Change

HWakeman42
2: Seeker

Hi,

I recently switched over to Vodafone from talktalk (Broadband and Landline) and I requested to keep my number but it wasn't kept and change I've been advised this was a mistake made by Vodafone but I requested that my original number be ported back over. Unfortuntley I was advised that there is a 14 day period that it is unusable and there is a 50/50 chance of getting the number back yet I spoke to a technican yesterday who said that Vodafone should be able to contact talktalk and get the number back and switched back over with no issues.

Now does anyone know which is true and the best way to go about getting my original number back ?

Thanks,

H

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @HWakeman42

When you first enquired about the service, and wanted to keep your number, you would have been asked to enter your existing landline number in a box. When this had been done, Vodafone would have also been able to give a more accurate estimate of your broadband speed. If this was not done, Vodafone would have issued a new number.

Appreciate you have already been down the route, but you are going to need to take this up with Vodafone by calling 08080 034 515 or by using live chat on the contact us link below.

Contact Us

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

Hi @HWakeman42

This is confusing.

If you requested a PAC code from TalkTalk and gave Vodafone the PAC code to port your number into Vodafone, there is no reason for Vodafone to have been unable to transfer the number.

If the PAC code has failed, Vodafone need to raise a case on your behalf with TalkTalk to make sure the porting files were correct.

PAC codes are valid for 30 days and should the code have expired, the number should still be with TalkTalk and they should be in a postion to provide a new PAC code for you to give to Vodafone to port in the number.

Apolagies, I should of clarified (and have now) this is for a landline number not mobile. 

AnnS

Hi @HWakeman42

When you first enquired about the service, and wanted to keep your number, you would have been asked to enter your existing landline number in a box. When this had been done, Vodafone would have also been able to give a more accurate estimate of your broadband speed. If this was not done, Vodafone would have issued a new number.

Appreciate you have already been down the route, but you are going to need to take this up with Vodafone by calling 08080 034 515 or by using live chat on the contact us link below.

Contact Us

Zouhir

Hi how are you

i would like to change my number

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Zouhir, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

We'll be happy to help get your number changed for you. I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team. We can then access your account and help you further 😊