Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number Transfer from Vodafone to Vodafone

s_asutay
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey forum,

simple question, Ive opened a line with vodafone, however my 'old' number which I want to keep is in my dads name as he took out the contract for me since I wasnt 18 at the time, the full 24 months have passed and the contract has finished since. Ive got the PAC code for my old number and if I was to put in a number transfer request from vodafone to vodafone using the PAC supplied would it work?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If the original number is still in your Dads name then he’d first need to transfer ownership to you. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/Managing-my-account/Transfer-of-ownership/403...

Moving old vodafone number onto new Vodafone Contract. Credits to AnnS.
There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract.

2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers

If the original number is still in your Dads name then he’d first need to transfer ownership to you. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Account-bill-and-top-up/Managing-my-account/Transfer-of-ownership/403...

Moving old vodafone number onto new Vodafone Contract. Credits to AnnS.
There are two ways this can be done.

1.  Cancel the old contract and ask for the number to be moved to PAYG.  The number will be scheduled to move to PAYG after 30 days.  You will then receive a new PAYG SIM card to activate and top up a small amount to get it active on the network.  You will then be able to transfer the number to the new contract.

2.  Ask Vodafone for a PAC code, move the old number to an alternative network, use the SIM as PAYG on the other network and ask for a PAC code to move the number onto the new contract.

Current Phone  >

Ive attempted to transfer ownership yet the team when calling 191 said I was unable to do so as my account is only eligbile for one line.

Thanks for the reply, Ive put the request through vodafone with the pre assumption that it wont work so Ive got a giffgaff sim comming just incase.

BandOfBrothers

The account holder would need to speak with Vodafone  Customer services to instigate a Transfer of Ownership. 

I hope all goes Ok for you. 

Current Phone  >

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

From reading your original post, it sounds like you've got a plan in place.

You have your new contract, you just want to port the number onto it that you were already using on the old contact. You have a PAC code so you're ready to go.

What you're asking for isn't impossible but Vodafone customer care have a habit of not always making things easy.

As you're all set and ready to go, I think you're better using the PAC to go to GiffGaff (one working day) and then when that's all closed, get a PAC from them and come back. So blue skies scenario is it'll take two working days.

All other options will take longer.

I wish you luck.