Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number porting problem!

martin2345uk
4: Newbie

So I'm porting to Vodafone from Sky, it ported over yesterday morning, but I can only make phone calls - I have no data at all. The phone displays full signal (but only says 3G, won't say 4g for some reason) but if I try and use data it immediately tells me I'm offline. 

Very frustrating, any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @martin2345uk 

This may only be your data settings, try texting WEB to 40127, this will download the correct settings, also make sure you have selected the correct APN on the phone settings.

If you speak to Vodafone on the link below, they will be able to make sure all your services are working.

Contact Us for Account Specific Enquiries

No all the settings are correct, seems something to do with porting the number. I'm on hold with Vodafone at the moment... will post the response

So this is what the guy said:

It's a port -in issue - seems that when I requested the port-in,  Sky confirmed all the details of the port, released the number, but there was some error releasing all the other information so the other stuff like data failed, so effectively I just have a blank number I can uie for calls but nothing else.

He said it could take up to thursday to complete, another 2 days with no data, I better find some decent wifi spots I guess!!!!! :Angry_Face:

I don't understand why they allow the port to go ahead without all the necessary information being there??

Well just a couple of hours later it's started working! Fair play to them,I guess it's always better to under promise and over deliver! They've even waived my first months line rental as a goodwill gesture, can't say fairer than that!