Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Number transfer

ccfcforever1987
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

I currently have 5 numbers attached to my account and would like to transfer 1 of them away to a new account in my stepsons name so he can take respobsibility for it and make payments directly to Vodafone for his number, but keep the other 4 (mine, my wifes, mother-in-laws and step-daughters) in the original account in my name and I will continue to pay for those.

Can I use the transfer of ownership form to do this or do I need to cancel the number to be transferred first?

All 5 numbers are out of contract.  My stepson does not communicate well over the phone so I would prefer to do this via email / chat if possible.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ccfcforever1987 

You can certainly do a transfer of ownership to your stepson, this would give him ownership of the contract, as the contract is of out of commitment, with Vodafone's three month clear payment rule, you need to do the upgrade to a new phone before the transfer.

As always this will be subject to Vodafone's credit checking criteria.  The other alternative is to split the account, this would give your stepson control over the account, number and direct debit payments but with you still being the account holder.

The form for you to complete for your stepson to accept the contract is here: Transferring your number and agreement 

Alternatively, call the change of ownership team to give your authorisation, if your stepson stepson is with you at the time you will be able to accept ownership.

Hi  AnnS

Thank you for replying.  Do I need to do an upgrade?  All the numbers are/were SIM only contracts.  Can I simply transfer ownership without having to do anything else?  We do not want to buy/upgrade a new phone, simply transfer SIM only to SIM only.  Is that possible?

AnnS

It most certainly is @ccfcforever1987 .  It's easier with a SIM only and it will be a simple change of ownership.

However, Vodafone do have a three month clear payment rule and he wouldn't be able to change anything until then, it would be best to renew the agreement and make sure the tariff is suitable for him before the transfer.

Great, thanks AnnS.  The contract we have him on is suitable for him.  Plenty of data and unlimited texts plus 1000 minutes.

If we do the transfer, will the same tariff follow him?

I have a discount applied to my account / tarriffs, would that also go with the transfer or will he be having to pay the full tariff rate for the tariff he is on?  E.g. The full tariff rate for what he has was approx £15 per month, but with the discount on my account it is currently £11.60 (after the RPI increase earlier in the year).

AnnS

Hi @ccfcforever1987 

That's a difficult one for sure and something for Vodafone to clarify.  You probably have the discount due to the number of lines you have on your account.

OK, thanks AnnS.  I'm not overly concerned about any price difference, just that the same tariff would follow him.  I'll have to contact Vodafone at some point and ask.  Although to be honest, you get more help from this community than you do from the call centres.