Solution

OTP only working for Vodafone since Number Port

mecster09
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've recently ported from EE to Vodafone and had a number of issues since:

• OTP only arriving from Vodafone
  • My Vodafone app not working

Now after 4+ chat conversations the app is finally working however OTP is still only coming through from Vodafone having preivously worked fine when with O2 and then EE. I've read some of the other articles and it has nothing to do with the OTP provider having previously worked with O2 and EE without updating my phone number with them, this makes me think something has gone wrong with the port or Vodafone are blocking all OTP messages.

The providers I've tested with are:

• Nationwide & Tesco bank - both appear in messages as their respective name and not a short code
  • Government Gateway - This shows as short code 60886

I've tried ringing 191 and no option gets me through to anyone to talk to and a number of options hang up, I've exhausted online chat as they've been unable to resolve the OTP issue.

Can someone please help me/vodafone identify what the actually issue is or I'll have to port right back to EE so I can use online banking!

1 REPLY 1

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@mecster09 We can take a look into your recent move to us for you and get this resolved :Thumbs_Up: Please pop our team a message over on Facebook or Twitter with a link to your post and your Community username. This means you won't need to repeat yourself and we can check on the progress of your message for you if needed.