Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Odd Number

lee7416
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, my wife and I have started having a strange problem, as of Sunday my text messages are appearing on my wifes phone under a number which is not my phone number, to make it even stranger she can text me back using either my real number or this unknown number but only call me on my real number, if she calls me on the unknown number it says "Invalid Number" . Any ideas whats going on?

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

That's weird @lee7416

Did you perhaps Pac your number from another network and was given a temporary number ?

Vodafone Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can check the number for you. 

If you get stuck then please come back and the Vodafone Social Media Team here will help I'm sure. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I did PAC my number but not to a temporary number that was back in June. Its not my number thats the problem as I said my correct number can be texted or phone but my texts appear as this odd number. 

AnnS

Hi @lee7416

The other number wouldn't be the Vodafone text message centre by any chance? The number is +447785016005.  

If you are using Android, go to your contacts, there is a contact for Me where you can enter your number. For iphone, go to your settings, select phone, and check it has the correct number.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. No that is not the number and I have checked my number and it is OK, also everyone else gets my messages from the correct number it's just on my wifes phone. When she gets a text from me it says it is from this number but it doesn't say its from me but an unknown number and does she want to add a contact,  strangest thing is if she texts this number I receive it but if she tries to call this number she gets an Invalid Number. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us @lee7416 and that's a strange one :Hmm_Face:

So we can take a closer look into this for you and your wife, please follow the details in the private message I've sent and we'll be in touch.

Hi, I have found that this has something to do with the messages App. When I open the messages it now opens as a chat service with my bubbles  being in a different colour and Delivered , Read etc at the side of the message. I have to go into settings and switch to SMS/MMS to use it as an ordinary message app, when in the chat mode is when the odd number appears on my wifes phone but when in SMS it displays the correct number. 

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You need to update your number on your IOS setting. Sounds like your IOS is not showing the correct number when it is sending out iMessage.