Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ofcom complaint scheme

Sj28
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Looking at the ofcom website, customers can put complaints in to the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme when they can't be solved by their provider.

There are two schemes in operation, Ombudsman Services: Communications (http://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html) and CISAS (www.cisas.org.uk).

Can anyone advise which Vodafone is a member of please?

Thanks

Sarah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The former one - the communications ombudsman.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

jeffkinn

The former one - the communications ombudsman.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hi there,

You're correct in what you've posted.

If you cannot reach resolution with your service provider, then you'll reach deadlock where the company concerned will send you a letter detailing how to raise your complaint to the ombudsman as well as their contact methods. You'll also recieve this letter if your complaint goes over a certain number of days and is still unresolved.

Vodafone uses the first link (Ombudsman Services) rather than CISAS (you'll see Vodafone aren't on their list of companies who they deal with).

If your complaint has reached deadlock then they'll let you know how to proceed. You can actually request a deadlock before you reach this point however it'll detail you've not exhaused the companies complaints procedure. In these cases, the ombudsman will refer you back to your provider.

Hope this helps.

Super, thanks @donnyguy. 

Given that I have raised this issue several times over several months, and Vodafone is still unwilling to provide a solution that resolves my problem, I suspect I have exhausted the company's complaint procedure. Your message suggests I have to raise my complaint in writing though and receive formal notification of deadlock from Vodafone before I'm allowed to raise it with the Obudsman. If that's the case, please could you give me the postal address for customer services? And also clarify what the complaints procedure is before being allowed to seek external arbitration on this?

My complaint is related to opt-out of data extras. I would like to be able to toggle-off to opt out of auto-renewal for future months at any point. Sadly doing so removes the use of the extra data you've purchased from that moment onwards. I've been advised several times now that I need to wait and remember to remove it on my exact billing date which isn't workable. I should be able to opt-out of renewal at any point without losing use of the extra data I've paid for during that billing period. Or even better, I should be able to add Data Extras for one month only.

Sarah

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Sj28 - I’m sorry to hear your issue’s not been resolved.

So we can look into this further, I’ve sent you a private message with instructions on how to get in touch.