Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Official Complaint from a loyal customer who has been with Vodafone for 13yrs

Monahamid
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

On 25th feb I got a call from the promotion team regarding a deal they have on iPad ... the deal was amazing and I went ahead with the plan.  Asked the agent to deliver the item to my work place and not my home as I will be at work.

She promised she will and placed the order.  Next day I got a message from DPD saying the delivery was coming to my home address and not work.  Called Vodafone and told them and asked if it can be delivered to a neighbour.  They advised to the value of the goods this can’t be done so I said that is fine please redirect the order to a local branch so I can collect and cancel the deliver going to my home they processed that and I went to collect the item from branch.

However, coincidentally at the time of me collecting the item from store the original order was also delivered to home at the same time and signed by someone who isn’t my name or signature (note - I live alone with a 7yr old who was at school).

I called Vodafone right away noticed this and advised them accordingly they said they will investigate and get back to me ... every week since filing the complaint I’ve been chasing Vodafone for updates despite them telling me they will contact me with updates.

I finally got a update after 4weeks chasing and was told “the photo of my front door and gps” match therefore the delivery was made correctly??? I told the agent this is wrong as I explained time of delivery I was collecting from branch how can I be at two places at once? They said it was delivered to a neighbour I replied that’s a lie as DPD have advised due to the value of the goods this has to be delivered to the name on the item.

Advised the agent I can show you my tenant agreement (to prove who lives in my house), driving licences and passport (to prove my identity and signature) and CCTV (to prove I was at work and in Vodafone store) the agent then added that to the notes and said They will investigate further.  The agent then went and said something doesn’t add up as the item delivered the data hasn’t been used.

In the middle of all of this Vodafone also decided to spilt my billing account which is now causing a inconvenience as I’m making two payments instead of one for all items I hold accountable for again they didn’t tell me of this till I had Vodafone chasing me for non payment - Why has this been done all of a sudden

Explained the whole situation again and again got the same answer “I will investigate and get back to you”

Today I see a payment of £103.97 taken out of my account, again I call Vodafone and ask why they said if I didn’t authorise the payment I need to call my bank to cancel it but it’s because I have two billing accounts - AGAIN why do I need to call my bank for? Why can’t you tell me what the payment is for? Why have you spilt my billing account?

I told the agent transfer me to complaints first he didn’t want to and then I explained again the issue he then replied the team will only tell me what he’s saying I said I don’t care I want to speak to them. He placed me on hold (for 2hrs) and then the phone cut off.

Vodafone, now I ask the following;

1. Do you think it’s fair i have to pay for a additional line when I’ve admitted I don’t have
  2. Why am I being treated like I’m lying
  3. I’ve been open and honest from the start but Vodafone has messed up my account
  4. DPD have clear evidence the signature and name is no where near the spelling of mine
  5. Why isn't Vodafone accepting the evidence I have and willing to send as proof

I want this resolved ASAP having such a problem that I’ve reported from 27th feb till present and still unresolved is so unprofessional. Nearly 2months???

I’m waiting for a deadlock letter that can’t be emailed? And I’m paying for something I DONT PHYSICALLY HAVE BUT IF I DONT PAY YOUR VERY QUICK TO SUSPEND MY LINE?

Please advise

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @Monahamid 

Not a good experience at all !

It's reasonable for Vodafone to want to investigate as to where the ipad is but that should be happening in the background between them and the courier company.

You've supplied all the info you can from your end as far as I've read.

May I assume you've now spoken with Vodafone complaints as you mention a "deadlock letter"  which is issued normally if Vodafone have investigated for up to 8 weeks and cannot come to an amicable resolution with the customer which then let's a person engage with the Communications Omsbudsman for them to arbritrate on your behalf.

A person needs to raise a complaint with Vodafone first via complaints or via customer services.

If Vodafone are satisfied that you didn't receive the ipad then they'll have to issue a refund.

Vodafone can imei bar the ipad to stop anyone else from using it. Do you know if they have done this ?

The part about contacting your bank is to ask them to invoke the Direct Debit Guarantee to get your money back but beware when you do this and Vodafone believe the ipad was delivered then in extreme cases they can see the money as still owed and can chase payment and or engage debt collection agencies or add a 6 year default in very extreme circumstances.

I'm not saying they will but just to be aware.

Perhaps speak with the Vodafone Social Media Team to see if they can give you a status update.

Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

no they haven't done the imei check and I've told them to do this as well!

ive practically told them everything and I'm still paying for items I don't have I've gone through all channels of complaints will try the social media complaints route

thanks 

BandOfBrothers

I would have thought that blacklisting the ipad would have been one of the first things they would have implemented. Perhaps they have now.

Please do let the Vodafone Social Media Teams help.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've messaged them on Facebook so I'll wait and see what can be done.

thank you for your help