Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old SIM Card activation

Gnd911
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello ! I lost my sim card now 3 weeks ago and i have been in vodafone store for 5 times to activate my sim card and they didn`t because i have 2 different numbers on one sim card and they are not allowed to delete one number to activate another one .
I called the vodafone support every days to activate my sim card and they didn`t .
Every time when i talk with vodafone customer service they told me the same things i have to wait 24 hour or 72 hours to activate my sim card .
How many times and how many hours i have to wait to activate one sim card ?
This is unbelievable , i`m waiting more than 3 weeks to activate one sim card and you can`t do it .
What is this ? This is a joke or what ? I`m paying every month my contract for what ?
I have to complain this case to police to figure out or what ?
Is anyone in whole agency from vodafone customer service to activate one sim card or not ? If you are not able to do this things let me know and i report this case to police and i will cancel this contract with vodafone because you can`t figure out this problem .
i can`t work and i can`t get any message from my college or from my job because i don`t have access too my number because you can`t activate one sim card .
You send me 2 sim cards and you never activated .
Every time the you told me the same ##~##,like (The last people from vodafone customer service he didn`t made the good things to activate my sim card .) You have others excuses to lost my time ?
Please activate my sim card or let me know if you are not able to do and i will cancel my contract , i`m going to chose another network because you are not a good service ..

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove inappropriate content please see Community Guidelines]

4 REPLIES 4

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with the activation of your SIM for some time now @Gnd911. So that we can take a closer look into your account and what may be causing the delay, please follow the details I've sent in the private message you'll receive shortly. Our team will then be in touch to help.

hrym
17: Community Champion

You can't have two numbers on one SIM.   A new SIM will be blank and activation will link it to your account.   I'm assuming you're talking about a Pay Monthly SIM (the procedure for PAYG ones is slightly different).   All it should be necessary to do is to provide a new SIM and activate it, which you can also do online.   Note that, for security reasons, you'll need photo ID in store.

The activation process does occasionally stall and needs to be unblocked.  Engage with the forum team and they'll be able to find out what's happening and get you up and running.

Really ? Why the people’s from vodafone store and vodafone customer service they told me i have a 2 different number on one sim . If you didn’t check proper my issue please don’t make a stupid arguments. Thanks

AnnS

Hi @Gnd911

@hrym is correct.  It is not possible to have two numbers on the one SIM, each SIM has it own identification number. If you have been sent 2 SIM cards the chances are one of them does not have a number attached.

The Team here on the forum have offered to look into this for you, they will be able to provide the necessary account access to get this sorted for you.