Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Old default on credit file

Jay123789
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi. I'm wanting to speak to someone about an old default showing on my credit file from 2013.

I have tried calling customer services and collections departments, both have been unable to access the account after waiting for an hour on the phone and being passed from left to right.

I don't actually remember taking out a contract with Vodafone going back to that time so I'm quite worried about this debt being on my credit file and several Vodafone representatives have been unable to locate details to any debt I owe them.

This all makes me rather skeptical......

Any one else had similar issues with them?
4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I appreciate how damaging a default can be and the difficulty in having one removed. 

This is a help guide I have written which explains which department to ask your case to be referred to - i.e 'Vodafone Credit File Support Team' - and how to add a 'Notice of Correction' via Experian. It is Free to add the Notice of Correction.

This gives you the tools to add notes on your Credit File to explain why the Default is showing. It would only be worth adding this if you think the default is wrong and shouldn't have been applied. 

Please take into consideration that a Default will only be removed if it was reported on your Credit File incorrectly.

link > Default-on-your-Credit-File-and How-to-add-a-Notice-of-Correction.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-LouiseE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello @Jay123789

I understand your worry at this problem. 

I am going to send you a Private Message with further help. 

Louise

Hi, 

I have a default on my on my credit file from an apparent 'SIM only' contract a had taken out with you in November 2013. 

I called regarding this query in April 2015 as I had recognised that a monthly amount had been coming out of my account and I hadn't recieved or infact activated a SIM ony account with yourselves. I left for Australia soon after. 

On my return I have recently looked into gettng a Mortgage and I am finding it difficult as there is a default since the date above for the sum of £47 on my credit file. 

I have tried to contact your customer support team with little sucess. No one seems to be able to find the account. 

Can someone please advise how to wipe this default from Vodafone also speak to someone to clear the 44 months worth of defaults please? 

Many thanks, 

Ashley. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AshGreen13 - I’m sorry you’ve tried to contact us already and this hasn’t been resolved. We can investigate what’s happening with the account that’s showing on your credit file. Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.