Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

OnePlus 6t dual SIM question

neil1979
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

Can anyone please confirm if I will be able to use both my Vodafone SIM and a SKY one straight away when my phone arrives next week? Is the handset locked to Vodafone (I expect it will be) and I'll have to wait 30 days before I can unlock it. 

No one at Vodafone seem to be able to tell me. 

Cheers

Neil

11 REPLIES 11

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Phones supplied by the Network are locked to their network @neil1979

I have come across posts elsewhere in regards to people having similar problems with dual sim phones. 

This is one reason when Samsung made the Samsung Note 9 dual sim they are only available if bought direct from Samsung as the ones supplied by the network as single sim only. 

Have you checked that the model being supplied by Vodafone is dual sim ?

blog.vodafone.co.uk/2018/11/06/oneplus-6t.

Therefore until you have the phone in hand to check I would say you'll need to go through the unlock criteria process which is x3 Bill's paid on time for Pay Monthly Customers and 30 days of usage for Payg Customers. 

I'd be very interested to hear your update on this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That's interesting to hear about the note not being dual SIM. I will have to check as that's the whole point of upgrading to the OnePlus so I don't need to carry 2 phones. I am collecting from the shop so I will ask them before opening it but I asked at the weekend and they had no idea! 

I'm confused why no one seems to be able to answer the question at Vodafone as you would think they would know. I understand they aren't going to shout about be able to use another company's sim. 

In regards to the 3 paid bills, I have been a customer of Vodafone for 10+ years and paid on time every month. Are you saying I have to wait 3 months from the date I get the phone or will they just look back on the last 3 months of paid bills?

63johnw

Hi @neil1979 with regards the unlock I have been a Vodafone customer for many years but still had to wait three months before I could unlock my latest phone. 

More information here

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/

Cheers for that. Another thing they have told me that is incorrect then! They said I would have to wait 30 days to unlock it! 

I have just spoken in the phone and chat and they have confirmed it is a single sin only so another cancelled order for me after the pixel 3xl and now the OnePlus. 

Will have to buy SIM free which is not ideal but the only way I can have the dual SIM and saves me carrying 2 phones. 

The OnePlus 7 will be out before I get a new phone :Winking_smiley:

BandOfBrothers

Hey @neil1979

Yes 30 days is one stipulation on Pay Monthly but x3 Bill's have to have been paid on time too. 

Just 30 days of usage is on Pay as you Go. 

It's about time phones stopped being locked to networks !

Yes the Samsung Note 9 I have is the dual hybrid version so it takes x2 sim cards or 1 sim card and a Sd card. 

This is because I bought it directly from a Samsung Experience Store.

Note 9's supplied by Networks are single sim versions typically. 

I'm glad I was able to help and pushed you in the right direction of asking if the model.sold by Vodafone was dual sim or not. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

EE are supplying the OP6T unlocked, which makes me wonder if they haven't worked out how to lock them, so Vodafone ones might be too.

Be interesting to hear from people that have bought them.

They checked the phone in the shop on the stand thing and a 3 SIM worked in it so who knows. I still cancelled as I couldn't be bothered to risk if maybe the show ones are different. 

I don't hold much hope that the cancellation went through ok as didn't get any correspondence to say it had so we will see. 

Just got an email to say my order is ready for collection from the Vodafone shop. :Hmm_Face: 

Didn't get cancelled then. 

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@neil1979 wrote:

Just got an email to say my order is ready for collection from the Vodafone shop. :Hmm_Face: 

Didn't get cancelled then. 

Well you should pop in and try it and see if it's SIM unlocked :Smiling: