Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online Account Access

hotline
2: Seeker

I'm posting here out of desperation - I'm a glutton for punishment and have been a customer of vodafone for many years now suffering the usual amount of incompetance along the way. I stuck with them because I don't get any signal where I live with any of the providers so used the sure signal which actually worked really well.

At the last contract renewal I decided enough was enough and moved one of my contracts to another provider. That was when the real problems started. I was originally charged something like £600 for cancelling the contract despite being out of contract. Whilst disputing this I cancelled my direct debit to stop vodafone taking the money and after many long and painful phone calls you eventually agreed it was a mistake (I think it was making the news at the time because you had changed accounting systems) so I set up another dd to cover the contract I still had with you. It goes without saying that you messed that up and then couldn't take the payment and ended up charging me for missed payments etc.

Again, that was eventually sorted but it has left me unable to log into the online account. I log in with the username and password and get an Oracle IAM error. I'm also unable to access the app which just errors. This means we are totally unable to track usage, see bills etc. This has been reported multiple times and it is always going to be "escalated" and I never hear anything again.

I've just received an email telling me that I've been charged for going over the data allowance for the month but I am unable to see what has actually happened. At one stage one of your customer service agents said they had increased the data on the account to avoid this problem but that obviously hasn't happened. I've got no idea what I am being charged for or how much and it's disgusting the (lack of) service your company currently provides its customers.

I obviously don't expect you to do anything about this post because you have done nothing about it since I originally reported it months ago. I'm just posting out of desperation because I've given up waiting on hold for your customer services again for the fifth time this week, which I know will be a waste of time even if I did get through to anyone.

PS - to top it all I'm unable to access the Sure Signal because I can't access the online account so I've basically got a worthless contract.

7 REPLIES 7

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @hotline

If the cancelled number was the main number on the account, it would have knocked out the remaining numbers from the online account.  This means you will need to open a new online account for the remaining numbers.  The new online account will need alternative log in details from the original account with an alternative user name, password and email address.

The Sure Signal will be registered to the original online account and will need to be deregistered by Customer Services.  As soon as this has been done, you will be free to register against the new account.

As far as the application is concerned, as soon as the online account has been set up, this will help the application follow. As well as deleting and setting up a fresh copy of the application, if you are using iphones, you will also need to delete the application from the icloud account, otherwise you will only be downloading a copy.

Before reregisting the Sure Signal, it is advisable to clear cookees and wait 24 hours.

If there are any problems setting up the new account or any other issues, live chat are there to help or please come back to the forum for help from the Team.

Hi AnnS

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately I've tried to register a new account and it says that the number is already registered..... presumably to the original account that I can't access!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hotline So we're able to assist you further with this, please contact our team using the private message I've sent. 

@Alex , thanks for the message but I am unable to click any links in the message as instructed - I've tried three differenet browsers and they are all the same

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@hotline - I've resent the private message today. :Smiling:

You need to fully open my private message by clicking on the subject line and then click on the word 'here'.

Please note that it won't do anything if you hover over it, but you can still click it to load the page. 

Tobyjack0

@hotline wrote:

I'm posting here out of desperation - I'm a glutton for punishment and have been a customer of vodafone for many years now suffering the usual amount of incompetance along the way. I stuck with them because I don't get any signal where I live with any of the providers so used the sure signal which actually worked really well.

At the last contract renewal I decided enough was enough and moved one of my contracts to another provider. That was when the real problems started. I was originally charged something like £600 for cancelling the contract despite being out of contract. Whilst disputing this I cancelled my direct debit to stop vodafone taking the money and after many long and painful phone calls you eventually agreed it was a mistake (I think it was making the news at the time because you had changed accounting systems) so I set up another dd to cover the contract I still had with you. It goes without saying that you messed that up and then couldn't take the payment and ended up charging me for missed payments etc.

Again, that was eventually sorted but it has left me unable to log into the online account. I log in with the username and password and get an Oracle IAM error. I'm also unable to access the app which just errors. This means we are totally unable to track usage, see bills etc. This has been reported multiple times and it is always going to be "escalated" and I never hear anything again.

I've just received an email telling me that I've been charged for going over the data allowance for the month but I am unable to see what has actually happened. At one stage one of your customer service agents said they had increased the data on the account to avoid this problem but that obviously hasn't happened. I've got no idea what I am being charged for or how much and it's disgusting the (lack of) service your company currently provides its customers.

I obviously don't expect you to do anything about this post because you have done nothing about it since I originally reported it months ago. I'm just posting out of desperation because I've given up waiting on hold for your customer services again for the fifth time this week, which I know will be a waste of time even if I did get through to anyone.

PS - to top it all I'm unable to access the Sure Signal because I can't access the online account so I've basically got a worthless contract.

Tobyjack0

@hotline wrote:

@hotline wrote: