Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online Upgrade Issues

swnctt
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi, (apologies if wrong thread for this topic)

I have been trying to upgrade my phone online and have had two issues. Firstly when trying to go via My Account I have seen this error for months:

"You can upgrade this number early, but our system is down

You can upgrade up to 190 days before your current contract ends but unfortunately our system is currently down so you're not able to upgrade early right now. Please try again in a few hours."

Is this fault ever going to be fixed?

Secondly, when I try to go via the shop and login to my account to complete a transaction I get this error, on the "Go to the Next Step" part of checkout:

"errorSorry, there's been a problem

1. We are unable to proceed with your order at this stage. Please try again later."

I do not get this error when not logged into my account? 

I have tried updating my personal details on my account, changing the selected package for my upgrade, waiting a few hours and trying again, trying via the mobile web on my phone, trying on a different computer, clearing cookies and caches on all devices and trying again, restarting devices after clearing cookies and caches and all other possible troubleshooting techniques.

This issue stopped me pre-ordering the Note 8 in time to take advantage of the Dock Station deal, I tried doing this by phone and web chat but web chat couldn't help and I was on hold for so long on the phone I gave up, I only get 2x 30 minute breaks at work. Vodafone....why don't you want my money?

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

The generic self help tips of clearing the browsers cache and data or trying another browser usually helps but if for some unfathomable reason it does not then live chat / customer service on 191 or getting the time to visit a Vodafone High street Store are the only other options. 

Appreciate it is frustrating when something does not work as it should. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @swnctt

If you have tried just about everything, including clearing your cache and cookies, this will be one for the Team to look into, a customer should be able to upgrade an account without having these errors.

This may be connected with having updated your personal details on the account although you still are unable to complete the transaction going direct through the online shop. 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@swnctt We'd like to take a closer look into these error messages.

So we can help, I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly. We'll then be able to investigate and discuss your query further :Smiling:

taffrich
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I had simmilar issues, with the Vodafone website. Overbilled for the international calls service. Upgrading was constantly down as you suggested. When I failed to upgrade at contract end, My monthly bill went up from £28pcm to £36 pcm. Way to go Vodafone on your treatment of loyal custumers. When I did manage to upgrade because there was a technical  problem with my account. The phone that arrived had been Tampered with and the Samsung Box was sliced open.

John
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@taffrich I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've been facing.

I've sent you a private message with details on how you can get in touch with our dedicated team.

They'll be able to take a look into your billing query - they'll also be able to help with your recent delivery.