Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Online account access - no security codes by SMS or on landline

Andyy2k
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Has anybody actually had a valid solution from Vodapfone for the issue whereby SMS security codes are not sent when trying to access your account online? I can't get either a text on my mobile or a message on my landline with the necessary code. Calling 191 and using 'Chat' has just ended up with drivel from agents who clearly cannot fix the problem. 

Not only is being denied access to my account a violation of consumer law it is very specifically a LEGAL requirement to provide VAT invoices in the UK and this is the only method by which they are made available. I'm not wasting any more time with Vodafone's inept nonsense 'solutions' but before filing this issue as a formal complaint with the Communications Ombudsman I though it was worth posting here in case I have missed something. 

Thanks in advance if you have anything.

4 REPLIES 4

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andyy2k - I’m sorry to hear the issues you’re having with getting this text.

So that we can help and get this resolved, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

I have the same issue, which seems to be beyond the expertise of the helpdesk staff. Much wasted time and phone time!

Do you have a resolution?

Thanks,

Roy W.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We'll be happy to take a look into the issues you're experiencing with your online account @royboy60.

I've sent you a private message - please follow the details provided and a member of our team will be in touch to resolve this for you.

royboy60
1: Seeker

Hi,

Did you get a resolution to this? I have the same problem and have experienced the same hopeless support response!

Roy W.