Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Order disappeared

missmorgue66
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I placed an order online on the 7rh July for an iPhone xr and recieved a text with a tracking number. Have not received any confirmation emails or any emails for that matter no calls nothing. No money deducted off bank account. Today the 17th July I chatted to Vodafone online and they say the order does not exist tracking number does not exist and no order on my account. So I need to know where I stand cos I want to buy the phone cash and keep my pay as you go number. And don't want this order to suddenly turn up. What should I do?

10 REPLIES 10

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @missmorgue66 

The order would have been for a monthly contract and you would have been able to transfer your PAYG number to the contract.  If you wanted to pay cash for the phone, you would have needed to purchase as a PAYG phone and Vodafone only sell the XR on a pay monthly contract.

When an order is place for a monthly contract, there is the credit check to clear, as soon as the credit check has cleared you would have received an updated email with a despatch date and full tracking information for you to track delivery online. It looks like you may not have met the credit checking criteria and the order has been cancelled.

If you want to pay full price for the phone and continue using as PAYG, with Vodafone only selling the XR on a pay monthly contract, you may need to look at third party outlets.

From the website, it looks like the phone is in stock.  If the order has been cancelled and there is no order on the system as far as receiving the phone is concerned, you probably have nothing to be concerned about.   However, should it turn up for any reason you will have 14 days to return the phone and cancel the contract.

The information on how to make a return can be found here: Returns

Thank you So much for that! 

swoodhall
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

You were lucky even to get a text with a tracking number.  I recieved zilch, zero, absolute nothing.  And stil haven't to this day.

I didnt even recieve an initial email of the order confirmation, which is pretty much standard text book procedure globally. when someone buys somthing online.

Hi All,

I have recently completed an upgrade (Phone and Plan), for a pay monthly contract.  But since signing ,  I have not recieved any confirmation of the upgrade, or any corospondence regarding the progress or delivery details whatsoever for the follwoing three days  A overall very disapointing service. 

In the past vodaphone kept you uptodate every step of the way, which was very helpful. But it looks like services like that have have now gone by the wayside.

Afer finally speaking to someone on the text chat service on vodafone.co.uk, they managed to find my order and then asured me I would recieve an conformation email and also updates from the courier of the progress of the delivery.  Which they assured would be delivered todat before 12pm.   As it stands I still have had zero email updates and zero corospondence from any courier whatsoever.

I am attempting to try and speak to someone on the text chat but it has said this for the past 5 hours "Sorry, all our agents are busy helping other customers right now. Please visit our support pages for immediate help or try again later"

I thourght I would try the vodafone online order tracker to try and get any small bit of information regarding my order but I am fced with the message, "Sorry, we're making a few tweaks. We'll be back soon."  This message has been on there since day one.

So overhall a hurrendous service, not recommended at all.  I guess I will be canceling my new plan etc, and heading over to another supplier.

Steve

BandOfBrothers

@swoodhall 

Have you checked any Spam type email inboxes as sometimes they can drop into there.

Have the Vodafone Agents via Live Chat or 191 confirmed your choice of phone is 100% in stock.

They would only send tracking info once the order is placed into a despatched status.

That said you should have recieved email confirmation of the agreed phone and plan.

To add this is why I always advocate the option of going into a Vodafone Highstreet Store to upgrade / open up a new contract as then a person is given the contract in hard copy and more often than not walk out with the phone so no waiting in for delivery. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply,

After eventually getting through to someone on the phone now.  They have looked into my upgrade and have informed me of the following.

The original agent who delt with my upgrade had somehow messed it up and the order was in a unknown state with the phone not going anywhere soon.  So they are now cancelling the order wich takes 3-5 working days for some reason.  And then they are going to apprently email or text me when the new order is on the system so that I have to go to a store to collect.    But to this hour I still have had zero emails confirming anything at all.

The lack of communication is just poor.

Steve

BandOfBrothers

Unfortunately your account will have to be put back to pre upgrade status for them to then re upgrade you which can take those few days. 

I hope they get it right this time for you.

Again as I mentioned this is one of the reasons I advocate going into a store if convenient. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @swoodhall

When Vodafone process an upgrade your account is usually immediately changed to reflect the upgrade and new tariff and this will show on your online account and phone application. 

It would certainly be a idea to check your account for any change. 

Thanks a lot for the reply,

My account remains unchanged , I have been monitoring it for the last 5 days since the upgrade.

I have been told yesterday to wait 3-5 working days for the botched upgrade to be cancelled so that they can start it again from scratch.

Thanks

Steve