Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Ordered new phone X but out of stock?

lauradisney
1: Seeker

Ordered a new Iphone X on a pay monthly contract.

As soon as I ordered it, I received an email confirmation and then another one at the same time saying that the item was out of stock.

I wonder when this will be available?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @lauradisney

Looking at the website here: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/brands/apple/iphone-x/#Silver/64, the phone is in stock online for silver and space grey.

If you have the order number, live chat should be able to give an indication of when you should receive your new phone.

BandOfBrothers

If the colour and internal storage spec is out of stock online then there's always the option of checking in your most local Vodafone Highstreet Store and place the order there and walk out with the phone in hand if its in stock.

You'd need to go through the process however of cancelling the online order which they can do as your phone is not in stock so not in despatched status. 

Edit > if you can't get one in a Vodafone Highstreet Store which I doubt as it's a flagship phone that I assume generates people to walk into a Store to open up a contract / upgrade then a person can use Carphone Warehouse to upgrade but be sure they upgrade you and not take out a 2nd line and suggest you ask Vodafone to move your current number to the new contract. You'd become their customer with Vodafone supplying the network connection and collecting payment and employers discount is only available when a contract is taken out direct with Vodafone.

Again I wish you all the best with this situation @lauradisney

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @lauradisney

When I checked the website earlier the phone was showing as in stock, it is now showing as being on back order with 1-2 weeks delivery.  Although some stores may have the phone available stock is generally low.