Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Outstanding balance - who has it!?

JamaicanGinger
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have an outstanding balance that I would obviously like to clear as it is showing on my credit score as a missed payment. I have spoken to vodafone who have advised it has been passed over to a debt collection agency, however the debt collection agency have said that the debt was recalled. Never thought it would be this hard to pay some money! Does anyone have any advice on what next steps I can take? Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Speak to the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll get this sorted for you.

I'd suggest Twitter and link back to your thread here.

To add if you have a 6 year default on your Credit File.

Paying off the debt will change the status on your Credit file from outstanding to settled which looks beter but won't remove the default.

Stay Safe 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you,  it's not been 6 years but the DCO say the debt has been recalled and Vodafone say the balance I owe is zero. This would be fine if it was not showing as missed payments on my credit report. 

hrym

The frontline customer service people won't be able to see this.   If you contact the social media team via Facebook or Twitter, they'll be able to put you in touch with Credit File Support, who will have access to the full history.  You can clear the balance and ask them to update your credit record accordingly.

Stubbo
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey @JamaicanGinger 

Just as @hrym and @BandOfBrothers have mentioned, if you contact our social media team, they'll be able to take a look into this for you. You can find out all the ways to contact them here 😊